Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Erwin
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 6 Months

Your Steam Name: SHAMOUNIAN
Your Roleplay Name: Sam Shamoun
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:447635697

Why were you punished?: I planted a bomb in the bazaar. Accidentally!!!

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was told by another random player who said to drop left-click this bomb that he gave it to me. I had no clue it was going to start ticking right away. I'm sorry about this and my intention wasn't to grief or ruin the game. I have been playing this server for a couple of hours. I don't remember his/her name though. I was just clueless about the game mechanics.

Additional Information: I apologize for planting the bomb in the bazaar on the server. Another player told me to drop left-click the bomb they gave me, and I had no idea it would start ticking right away. I didn't mean to grief or ruin the game for anyone. I've been playing on this server for a few hours and was still learning the mechanics. Unfortunately, I don't remember the player's name. I'm truly sorry for the disruption and any inconvenience caused.

Please can you upload this demo: perpheads_demo_2024-7-8 00-00-25

If you are unaware of what a demo is, it is essentially a recording of your game that happens automatically as you play.

To locate your demo:
Go to Steam > Library > Gmod > Right Click > Manage > Browse Local Files > GarrysMod\garrysmod\data\phdemos

More information can be found in this guide:
https://help.perpheads.com/page/demos

Upload it to google drive or another cloud based media sharing platform.

Sorry, but I can't get the demos to work. I've been trying to fix the issue and looking at the guide. I'm sorry for what I have done in ignorance. I won't do something like this ever again. I regret my actions deeply. Please Erwin I have learned my lesson.

Sorry, but I can't get the demos to work. I've been trying to fix the issue and looking at the guide. I'm sorry for what I have done in ignorance. I won't do something like this ever again. I regret my actions deeply. Please Erwin I have learned my lesson.

Just upload the demo somewhere, find the demo inside of /garrysmod/data/phdemos

upload it somewhere, or you can use https://demo.a1larsen.de

Oh okay, I just uploaded the demo. It worked positively after all I'm just dumb.

Reactions: A1L

Whilst yes, another player did give you the bomb, I do not believe that there was no malintent behind this. After getting the bomb, you attempted to place it down using right click numerous times. Upon this being unsuccessful, the other player told you that you must use left click to place the bomb.

It is inevitable that by using a bomb, you will cause destruction.

Your ban will be reduced, however it will not be lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back