Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Oddy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: maf
Your Roleplay Name: Dick Ruth
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:567118379

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Disconnected whilst restrained on his way to jail

Why should this appeal be considered?: This should be considered because these cops were harassing everyone on the server. And were laughing about how they were drunk. They were getting complaints in OOC and then I saw them around the Monorail by Suburbs and they held me up because "my voice sounded like someone" and then they also said Im being arrested because someone said I may have killed someone hours before. No proof or warrant.. and I had to log off for the night anyway. But I see on here now I have a 1 day ban which I don't think is fair at all. I am brand new to the server

Reaction score

Why didn't you inform the staff about the police officers?

That doesn't entirely excuse you for disconnecting during your arrest just because you had to go, you are still being involved in an in-game situation

You should also include some evidence related to the situation, a clip, or preferably a recording of your demos to fasten up the process

maf

Reaction score

Why didn't you inform the staff about the police officers?

That doesn't entirely excuse you for disconnecting during your arrest just because you had to go, you are still being involved in an in-game situation

You should also include some evidence related to the situation, a clip, or preferably a recording of your demos to fasten up the process
Hi Valentine -

Thank you for the quick response. I want to apologize for this situation.

I did make an F6 Report when this incident was in progress.

I have a recording of the incident here as well if you would like to view.

While I do believe the arrest was wrongful, I should have stayed for my arrest sentence regardless, but I really had to go offline. It was 2am my local time and I really needed to sleep and I had been on the server for like 15 hours straight, and this incident occurred right when I was about to log off. So I do apologize, but I stayed in the game for as long as I feasibly could last night. And I don't think it was fair or appropriate for the cops to target a NEW player like this, so again I apologize and this wont happen again on my end.

Link to Demos

Thank you for being fair and investigating
Maf

maf

Reaction score
And also I apologize I did not recognize the difference between a Ban Dispute and a Ban Apology.

This is more of a Ban Apology, and then a subsequent report on the cops for illegal arrest. I recognize I cannot disconnect when being arrested, even if the arrest is illegal or I think it's illegal so I apologize, and it being 2am is just poor planning on my part.

I should have just left the server due to it being late and I should've done it from my wood cabin after the police interaction, instead of wandering into the Suburbs area.

Reaction score
Ok so here's what I will do, I will edit this thread into an apology for the relevant staff member to view and I will ask you to create an AR here so that the investigations can run in-depth regarding the matter and the officers you mentioned can be punished if subject to breaking the rules after the demos have been reviewed

maf

Reaction score
Ok so here's what I will do, I will edit this thread into an apology for the relevant staff member to view and I will ask you to create an AR here so that the investigations can run in-depth regarding the matter and the officers you mentioned can be punished if subject to breaking the rules after the demos have been reviewed
Sure thing, thanks for changing that for me. Could you also please provide me with the officer's steam IDs and the information of them for the AR? I am not familiar with how to operate demo's or where to find this information? Thank you

Reaction score

Your ban has been lowered and you can play again now, if you encounter any issues again in the future, please make sure you stay on the server until the situation has fully ended. You can also open up a report by pressing f6 to have your situation looked into further if you believe any players are breaking any rules. I will open a forum pm with you shortly to help you find the details for your AR.

Status
Not open for further replies.