Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Oddy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Weeks

Your Steam Name: hellrazor
Your Roleplay Name: Corey Thompson
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:35341249

Why were you punished?: 1.1, 1.2 - The player used a discriminative slur multiple times in sucsession.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I’m writing to appeal my recent 3-week ban for using inappropriate language in-game. I completely understand the importance of maintaining a respectful environment for all players, and I’d like to clarify the situation from my perspective.

The word in question was used in a conversation with a close friend, and in our local context, it doesn’t carry the same discriminatory weight. However, I now realize that in the global gaming community, such language can be deeply offensive, and I did not intend to harm or disrespect anyone.

My intention was not to direct this word toward anyone in a malicious way, and I regret that it was seen as a violation of the platform’s rules. I’ve learned from this experience and will ensure that my language reflects the standards of respect and inclusivity moving forward.

I would greatly appreciate your reconsideration of the length of the ban, as I now fully understand the gravity of the situation and am committed to being more mindful in the future.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Please wait longer before appealing this ban, in your own words without use of AI

Back