Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @phoondos
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Weeks

Your Steam Name: croaky
Your Roleplay Name: Mak King
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:62196932

Why were you punished?: 1.6, 3.16, 3.20, 3.26 - User stole money that was given using /me. When confronted, the user claimed he did not see it in console or chat. Once asked to return the money, the user went AFK. When forcefully withdrawing the money, almost all of the money was taken when they manually disconnected from the server.

Why should this appeal be considered?: Dear Perpheads Community,

I would like to start this off by apologizing for my behavior a week ago, as it wasn't how I truly am as a perpheads community member. I have been apart of this community on and off for about a few years. I happened to be in Bazaar, when I saw someone dropping money for a gamble. I was probably less than 2 feet away from this person and can swear I never saw them do /me, so I snatched the money and ran away. After the incident, I had even checked the console to make sure they didn't do /me, and I didn't see it in there. I was informed in a ticket by phoondos that the player did in fact do /me to hand over the money. The last thing I remember saying to Phoondos in the ticket was "shouldn't it show in the console on my end if I was right next to them?" I am not trying to dispute the matter at all, as I know I did wrong in not listening to the admin. I am only trying to explain what happened from my perspective, so you all don't think I'm a negligent rule breaker. Regardless, Phoondos is a wonderful staff member that has been doing his job for a while, and I should've just returned the money right away instead of questioning the incident. Whilst talking in the ticket to phoondos, I had to go prepare dinner so I just afked right outside the police station. I should've cleared the situation before going afk, and I am extremely sorry for leaving that type of impression on you as a player. I came back to my computer and saw that I was in jail, so I just closed my computer, not realizing how stupid I was being in the moment. As soon as I got back, I contacted phoondos and let him know that I made a mistake and I wanted to be back in the community as soon as possible. I sincerely apologize for such a stupid and foolish breach of rules, and I am saddened to even be receiving my first ban. However, I know that many players improve and can clear their name with time, and I hope that I can do so and continue to be apart of the amazing community here.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back