Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Hodgparjor
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: MalekIsWeird
Your Roleplay Name: Omar Asfour
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:137872891

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User failed to comply and drove away while gunpointed by two police officers.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I always try my best to ask questions to learn from Staff on how to go about playing without breaching any rules. Amongst many of my questions were regarding whether it is ok to ignore gunpoint if my engine was on. I was taught that if I am in motion I am free to drive off.

I believe here I made a swift escape considering during the 3s I was gunpointed (as counted by the staff member who handled the report), 2s of which would actually matter because that's when officers even began ordering me to get out of the car, I was already accelerating at maximum possible speed away from the glitchy phasing mess that was happening at road.

I don't believe I broke 3.4 here because my actions actually led to my swift getaway utilizing a vehicle in motion and angling myself away from harm which turned out good for me resulting in my

Additional Information: POV of the person who reported:

Showing miscalculation in the delay present from my POV vs His.

Reaction score

It is evident from the clip that the Police Officers who were holding you under gunpoint had a direct line of fire on you at all times, may it be through the back window or the side window of the car you are always actually under gunpoint. This clearly means that your actions were in breach of rule 3.4.
I was taught that if I am in motion I am free to drive off.
In regards to the statement above, even though this is true and if you have a direct way out and you are in motion at enough speed you can drive away. But in this situation it is clear that not only were you trapped in and had to manoeuvre your way out and push a car out of the way, but you were also moving so slowly that you had no easy means of easy escape making it to be in your best interest to comply.

Reviewed with @3izu and @flugs

Status
Not open for further replies.