Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @monk
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: IKEA monkey
Your Roleplay Name: Johnny Pablo
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:454786864

Why were you punished?: 2.5, 5.6 - User forced an individual up four flights of stairs to open their door to raid them.

Why should this appeal be considered?: hello, the reason we gunpointed him was because he was gunpointing an EMS at regals, which we though he was raiding. https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/iNiyIED2KwE5sm52Q?invite=cr-MSx2TUssNDY5NTA2NzMs . and when he said he wasnt raiding, we asked if he owned an apartment which he did, so we decided to just count that as a raid.

Additional Information: I disconnect way before an F6 was made, meaning i could not have explained anything.
and also the guy broke 3.4 on 2 seprete occasions, gunpointing an EMS and running out his apartment while PD was on scene.

i am disputing that the ban wouldnt be valid, as we were planning a raid, we though he was raiding because he was gunpointing the EMS and we decided to counter. I was banned while being offline which wouldnt give me the chance to explain my actions. because he wasnt raiding, we though he owned an apartment, which he did. that hence the reason why we gunpointed him to open the door.

Rule 5.6 expressly disallows exactly this. Why the Medic was being gunpointed is not relevant.

5.6 Kidnapping​

Player(s) may only kidnap another player if it is absolutely necessary and benefits the player to such an extent that it outweighs the risks. For example, if taking a hostage will increase the chances of the player escaping the police substantially then a hostage can be taken. Players should refer to rule 3.4 when deciding whether or not taking a hostage is appropriate and/or beneficial. Kidnapping another player whilst visible from outside a muggable zone with the intention of mugging or raiding them is not allowed.

Reviewed with @Tilin @blobvis 2.0 @Scrabuz @Ellie @Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back