Punishment Type: Blacklist
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Collier
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 4 Days

Your Steam Name: RoosterJack
Your Roleplay Name: Jack Stallones
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:124418552

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: "Crap threatening adverts"

Why should this appeal be considered?: Was having a bit of fun with adverts when poking fun at a rival, think I took it a bit far when I said I'd "run him over with my car next time I saw him." Also the "Live From SMNN" stuff, that was a bit much ngl. Sorry about all this, I'll try to keep it more controlled next time.

Additional Information: Bit of a non-informational ban reason, cause I have no clue what I said for it to actually trigger, but was muted for 4 days for mayor threatening, despite everyone else getting away with it.

Reaction score
Bit of a non-informational ban reason, cause I have no clue what I said for it to actually trigger, but was muted for 4 days for mayor threatening, despite everyone else getting away with it.
You were given plenty of information in your ticket, along with this link
e6a0e3c3f2dead6a536c04cd4b5ab4ac.png

The main reason it went from 1 day to 4 is because the chat dropdown menu goes up to 1 day only and it was faster to do it through the chat menu and then modify it to the correct length. Most of your adverts are pretty bad and don't conform to our standards

Reaction score
Where are the advert policies? I don't believe I've seen them in full detail.
Seems a bit much though, seen people put the same type of stuff and get away with it scott-free.
Feels a bit irresponsible to let something go on for ages and simply let it happen until a player gets an advert ban, would be better to actually have a conversation with players instead of just booting them off, comes off as uncaring.
Also a ban reason with little to no info about the ban is annoying, cause I got no clue what I was muted for other than "crap adverts".

Reaction score
Just looked at the ticket, I do see the image file now when on the forums.
Most of it I think is alright, seeing as people put similiar stuff in chat all the time, outside of the joke about running around office.

Reaction score
Where are the advert policies? I don't believe I've seen them in full detail.
Seems a bit much though, seen people put the same type of stuff and get away with it scott-free.
Feels a bit irresponsible to let something go on for ages and simply let it happen until a player gets an advert ban, would be better to actually have a conversation with players instead of just booting them off, comes off as uncaring.
Also a ban reason with little to no info about the ban is annoying, cause I got no clue what I was muted for other than "crap adverts".
I appreciate where you are coming from, but just because others are getting away with it does not mean it's not a problem, if anything it calls for more heavy-handed moderation of adverts (which I have recently instructed the staff team to do in our last staff meeting). I've been issuing pretty heavy-handed advert blacklists for most of October, because most adverts are just terrible nowadays.

350f9287d111952f7b2d4a1493bd60b4.png

I've lowered your blacklist, so it has now expired, but please read rule 2.9 and format your adverts like short newspaper ads and alike, instead of using it as a global IC shoutbox, as that is not its intended purpose. Most of the adverts from my screenshot were not fine at all, as many of them looked more like call-and-response chat messages

Reaction score

In addition to the above, I've updated the chat commands guide on Perpheads Help to include a slightly modified version of the /advert description to be a bit more informative and will be referencing the guide a bit better in rule 2.9.

Status
Not open for further replies.