GMod II

Reaction score
I was literally thinking about this possibility the other day.
But it would most likely never be implemented in Perp, and for one reason really; Players able to afford VR would have a huge advantage.

Scenario: Some sweatervests get in a fight at the PD, one has VR, one is using a keyboard.

The keyboard user:
Does the same generic punching animation, causing small amounts of damage until the opponent is eventually dead.

The VR user:
Swings his arms, legs and every other possible body part around, causing huge amounts of damage in a short time, and all while he is moving so sporadically that the keyboard user can barely even land a hit.

A little example:

All of this aside, this would be a VERY cool and extremely fun thing to do, but when it's taking @StephenPuffs over 2 years (and it is still being worked on) to design and create a new economy system, I don't think it would be fair to give him the task of tweaking VR support to the point where VR users wouldn't be unbelievably overpowered.

However, if it was somehow implemented, there would most likely be a bit of trouble with the rules against unrealistic actions, as the majority of people don't emit the sound of crashing into their Nan's cupboard while walking down the street, arms flaying and looking like they are having a seizure.

On a more serious note, I would love this idea SO MUCH, as I'm definitely getting myself a SteamVR on launch.
But I would feel bad about being able to bitchslap people, with them having little defence.