Graphics Cards

Reaction score
As you are all well aware, all the 12 year olds are spunking their christmas money on shit, so now is the best time to buy stuff as everything and their nan is on sale.

I was just trying to figure out what Graphics Card to buy as I’ve just come in to a lot of money (not Christmas) from selling all my perpcash but I’m not sure what the best graphics card to get for my current setup is.

The card will mainly be used for Photoshop, After Effects, Premier and an assortment of multiplayer/singleplayer games; primarily FPS or adventure games.

My current setup consists of:
Ryzen 7 2700x (3.9 GHz)
32GB 3200MHz
MSI Mortar B350M (Budget setup to begin with)
Samsung Evo Pro 1TB
Seagate 4TB HDD
ASUS Arctic Dual Fan 1070 (will be replaced as it as at the bottom of the list)
Two monitors (one 144hz and one 60hz) 1920x1080

My GPU and CPU don’t work the best together, as the CPU was originally a Ryzen 5 1600 with 16GB of ram, but I want to get the most out of my CPU and GPU as well as experience the ray tracing effects of more modern games. I know all the geeks have something in mind for this kind of shit, but I have a budget of about £800 to spend on a new GPU, CPU and motherboard (if needed). However the primary focus is on a new GPU.

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy your day lads.

Sent from iPhone

Deleted member 8120

I got rid of my gpu ages ago, it was only holding me back, I have no need for such material things. I merely hook my brain into my motherboard and imagine playing perpheads
my motherboard cant support that bro

Reaction score
GTX 3060Ti is probably best value for money. I just got one and I get consistent 200fps+ on most games on high.

Reaction score
GTX 3060Ti is probably best value for money. I just got one and I get consistent 200fps+ on most games on high.
italics
it’s like 600-700 pounds right now, idk what retail is for the founders edition cards but the rtx 3060 is supposedly 3x as fast as the 1070

Reaction score
geforce-rtx-3090-shop-630-d@2x.png

It's just so beautiful... by far the best looking card in my opinion

Reaction score
Your MOBO is fine and shouldn't have a problem your CPU is able to run up to a 3090 with hardly any bottlenecking. I would say all you need is a new graphics card but you didn't say what PSU you have which would also play quite a big part in this. Now back to the GPU with your budget you probably won't get more than a 3060 but quite honestly you don't need more than a 3060 as @Efan said he runs most games at 200+ which is more than enough unless you have a 240hz monitor (at witch point just stick a fork in a plug socket xoxo). and then really future wise when it comes to upgrading again I would say upgrade the MOBO.

Reaction score
Your MOBO is fine and shouldn't have a problem your CPU is able to run up to a 3090 with hardly any bottlenecking. I would say all you need is a new graphics card but you didn't say what PSU you have which would also play quite a big part in this. Now back to the GPU with your budget you probably won't get more than a 3060 but quite honestly you don't need more than a 3060 as @Efan said he runs most games at 200+ which is more than enough unless you have a 240hz monitor (at witch point just stick a fork in a plug socket xoxo). and then really future wise when it comes to upgrading again I would say upgrade the MOBO.
I have a 750w unit, probably on it's last legs but I haven't had any random shut offs or anything

Reaction score
I have a 750w unit, probably on it's last legs but I haven't had any random shut offs or anything
A 750W will be more than enough to power it all so I would stick with 3060/3060TI. What gives you the impression that your PSU is 'probably on its last legs'?

Reaction score
A 750W will be more than enough to power it all so I would stick with 3060/3060TI. What gives you the impression that your PSU is 'probably on its last legs'?
it's a bronze 80+ and it's about 4 years old with pretty much everyday use for at least 6-7 hours per day.