Server Suggestion Implement the 30mm ring-mount for sniper scopes with functional back-up sights

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Implement the currently unusable 30mm ring-mount AR- P.E.P.R. (Thank you Tarkov) that's found in the content pack. I'm not sure how long this has been there for in the content or if there's any plans to actually make use of it, if it's implemented then please don't let it end up like the Elcan sight, laser attachment, (rifle) flashlight and other currently unusable attachments.

The mounting scope should come with cons:

-Crafting price should be something considerable, maybe $7,000 or more. ACOG costs $3,550 and comes with a terrible back-up sight and view picture on some guns, when paying about double the price you should expect to get a better picture of your target and a generally better back-up sight.
-ADS speed should be decreased, the same goes to when switching from main scope to back-up sight (I'm thinking about half the speed as the ACOG backup sight).
-To make things simple it should already come with something small like a Pistol Reflex sight attached on top or a custom made attachment just for this model like a Trijicon RMR reflex sight or a Leupold DeltaPoint reflex sight.
-It should only be compatible with full-size sniper scopes (duh), marksman rifles chambered in 7.62 and of course, snipers.

Please include more cons in the replies as I cannot think of any more.

Why should this be added? (pros): Provide a back-up sight for more close quarter oriented sniping which would eliminate the need for unrealistic "quickscoping" that has always been possible.

What negatives could this have? (cons): OP? Cons are included above in red for balancing. Maybe some new textures as it's just grey which would take some effort too.

RAVdvwW.png

Update 27/10/22: Changed price, added better reasoning+what kind of back-up sight should be usable in the red part of this post.
Edit 31/05/23: reading back at this I was fucking high or something, I've reworded the red section to be more understandable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The issue here is I’m pretty sure all the scope models on perp have their own mounts as is. Is it possible with the current weapon system to put 2 sights on a gun also?