Lua Bug Report (Server occasionally has a breakdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Type of Bug: Lua

Description of the Bug: Server occasionally has a breakdown

How to reproduce the Bug: Every so often the server completely dies, usually in the middle of the night random things such as dropping items, interacting with chem tables, reloading and a few other things happen for every player and won't stop until the server restarts.

- If players that weren't on the server when the issue occurred try to connect, they'll get kicked for "Disconnected: Failed to restore items" or something along those lines
- When harvesting planters or dishes from chem tables, you'll receive nothing. It's been a while since I did either of those things when this issue occurred, but from memory, you wont receive your dishes or any of your items on them or from your planter.
- When reloading weapons, the magazine unloaded from the gun disappears from your inventory (these will return to your inventory after server restart)
- If you reconnect after the bug occurs, your inventory wheel disappears completely.
- Attempting to open storage gives an error in the console, shown below.

This is an issue that happens at once to the entire server, rather than to specific players at once, so I don't really have a steps to reproduce, my hopes are that error logs in server console may be able to help point to an underlying issue.

Time Stamp: Approx. 4:45AM, 17/10/21

Errors: [ERROR] gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/inventorygui/storage/storage.lua:287: attempt to index field 'Inventory' (a nil value)
1. SetInventory - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/inventorygui/storage/storage.lua:287
2. Init - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/inventorygui/storage/storage.lua:23
3. Create - lua/includes/extensions/client/panel/scriptedpanels.lua:37
4. OnTalk - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/inventorygui/npc_storage.lua:24
5. func - gamemodes/darkrp/gamemode/modules/npcs/cl_npcs.lua:22
6. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32

Media:
lFwiVqT.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sam

Reaction score
@SamSN Sounds like a complete database failure or something. How often does this happen? Is it every morning or?

Reaction score
No, it doesn't happen very commonly, I've only noticed it on a few occasions;
11/08/21 @ ~05:06
02/09/21 @ ~06:44
18/10/21 @ ~04:38

Not sure if you can find any pattern or anything from those dates.
Times are BST

Sam

Reaction score
The issue has been located, and it was caused by a memory leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.