Missing Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Alright so many of you have missing content/weird stuff going on on the server. I'll list a few steps to fix that. Our content usually go by the names "Jarheads" or "Perpheads". IMPORTANT - DO NOT DOWNLOAD CONTENT PACK FROM FORUMS AS IT'S USUALLY OUTDATED!

Keep in mind that if you follow these steps you're doing a complete reboot of the content, and will require you to download it again from our server upon joining. This might take some time depending on your internet connection.

First off, you need to make sure there are no conflicts going on. Go here:

You can either delete these or make a backup on your desktop and simply drag them in.
GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons/perpheads - delete/backup this folder: THIS IS OUTDATED, EVEN IF YOU DOWNLOAD FROM FORUMS, SO DON'T.
GarrysMod/garrysmod/download - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/downloads - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/materials/models/jarheads - delete/backup this folder
GarrysMod/garrysmod/models/jarheads - delete/backup this folder

Now that you've deleted/taken a backup of all that crap, we'll do a few checks for your game.

Right click your Garrysmod. Under General you'll see "set launch options". Click it and you'll see something like this:
547bca9def.png

I only need those settings, but those who don't have a high end computer might need to put
-dxlevel 90 in there aswell.

Now launch your game, and go into options. Press Video and Advanced. It's really important to have MODEL DETAIL on HIGH! This is because our models rely on that setting.
fe0e2e3fcb.jpg

Now go into MULTIPLAYER and ALLOW ALL CUSTOM FILES FROM SERVER
fa510a2e47.png

This is so that you get ALL the new content when joining the server.

Now all you need to do is restart the game and launch it again, then join the server and wait for the content to download.

And from here on, all you need for new content is to simply join the server. Don't download any files from the internet and add them yourself. Don't subscribe to the workshop content as the server does that for you. If you do, you'll need to make sure to update that aswell each time we roll out an update or you'll run into issues.

If this doesn't work I have no idea what you did to your game. RIP.

Reaction score
I still have annoying missing textures where world reflections should be...
I've tried this twice and it doesn't work, I don't even have anything with the word Jarheads in it..

MattIs

I managed to fix mine by:

• Instead of downloading CSSCheaters CSS Content: I installed the whole of CSS and ran it until the menus. Might be that some of the textures in CSSCheaters pack is not covered.
  • I also ensured to subscribe to the V3 Content Packs!
Follow this and you should be good to go! Make sure to do r_3dsky 0 and turn your shadows to the minimum or r_shadows 0 to increase those frames!

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give me some help?

I've got this same problem
FDCF5BB7F558277A290ECFDEE13C25CC4E146353

someone suggested to do mat_specular 0 on the console, however whenever I do it garry's mod just freezes and then crashes, closing my game...

I've also done the steps xQuality mentioned

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give me some help?

I've got this same problem
FDCF5BB7F558277A290ECFDEE13C25CC4E146353

someone suggested to do mat_specular 0 on the console, however whenever I do it garry's mod just freezes and then crashes, closing my game...

I've also done the steps xQuality mentioned
Same here buddy, there is a very easy fix for this. What you want to do is to open your garry's mod and when you load into the main menu, press f10 (or whatever your console key is) and open the console. Then type in mat_specular 0, and the error reflections in the city will be fixed, this doesn't fix the error reflections in hicktown however.

Status
Not open for further replies.