Monthly Roundup - October 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
f9f9b33d1c.png

Preface​

Welcome to the October 2021 edition of the Monthly Roundup. This newsletter is designed to keep our employees and the public updated with any changes in the city or department. Attached to the newsletter will be a message from the office of the Chiefs of Department, awards, key moments and careers. Any additions to the newsletter please contact People Services via helpdesk.

Message from the Chief​

I think we can all collectively agree it has been an extremely difficult month for the entire Department. There have been several happenings which have brought great uncertainty and diminished stability with command team applications being suspended alongside any changes that were in the works. Following my appointment my first immediate priority has been getting our processes restarted as quickly as possible and mitigating any fallout from the suspension of impending changes.

I am pleased to announce that after a long and arduous application process, I have elected to appoint Hayden as the Deputy Chief of Department. The panel and I have agreed that they present the best fit and working relationship for me as Chief, which will enable us together to bring about the much-needed reforms to bring the Department back to today’s standards.

We are now moving to make the necessary acting appointments following the void that has been left in the command structure and will now work with Majors and Captains to re-open and process command vacancies as quickly as possible. I have already signed-off the policy for patrol trainers and given the green light – Mim and LilChicken are working hard to implement this new process as effectively as possible.

Following recent events there will be some fundamental changes on the horizon which will be made in consultation with Senior Management and the command teams. It is the firm belief of myself and Hayden that there needs to be greater autonomy given, to allow those entrusted in command roles to fulfil their duties to the best of their ability. That is why there will be a review for re-writing and ultimately strengthening our Code of Ethics, to ensure that it is wider-reaching and easier to understand at all levels. We are also looking to soon expand the membership of the Complaints Committee, details of which will be released in the coming weeks.

There will also be a review of the Performance Policy to ensure that command teams have the tools and powers required to appoint, and crucially, remove people from roles if they are not meeting expectations. We want people who truly have a passion for leadership and helping the Department to be in such roles, rather than inactive and disinterested individuals holding onto them without fulfilling their duties.

I hope that the communications that will follow this newsletter, including the new ideas you will see come into effect soon after the necessary consultations have been made, you will see that a wave positive change is coming to the Department. I am looking forward to this new journey we are embarking on together, and hope that it will be fruitful for all of us. In the meantime, take care and stay safe.

- Chief of Department Acer Joseph​

This month's awards​

Officer of the month please create a Help Desk ticket to People Services to claim your $100,000 in-game bonus. Please provide your in-game bank account number on this ticket.

Officer of the Month - October 2021
lCHdaNjtWUAvW7CbDo6NAJftOY33PjejK5_ToQpZPXuo6yCHfI7bFx2_SvvBGzXs79fjTFh-qb3UvjLm7o6BtRVrjsQ2FZFxLCLsqgXuOfSVRYHxHyMekRdZUTQvKD4_R0AgCwXz=s1600

Awarded to: Senior Officer Blake James 3765 (samtilley08)

"Officer Blake James has displayed excellent improvement over this month and has been highlighted by the command. PLPD Command would like to recognise this and thank Blake James for being a role model for all aspiring officers. Keep up the good work!"
- Major Jimmy Brown (Mim), Operation Services

Police Distinguished Service
OPSzdUMob8OqM1vYIRtXWmr7R3hQvr1Bqz7kzykWjoenA4BrnPYfjtEufon2Wd9iNLmZ7jj90OzW0Wsr3IiG1xlIpz_KMadvJ1xuXOQ0lMjJsnFqZaDTFkVxy1lbTNzbiO9v9KYA=s1600

Awarded to: Sergeant Khan 8352 (BeastThe)

“Sergeant Khan is being awarded the Police Distinguished Service award as they always put the best of their ability into their investigations and final reports, not to mention their noteworthy work ethic and constant dedication to the division. Sergeant Khan has been part of Internal Affairs for a fair amount of time now and has been assisting other investigators with their complaints and has proven that they are a real asset to the division. Their commendable conduct as an investigator hasn't gone unnoticed.”
- Lieutenant Alex Mills (nutrient10), Internal Affairs Command

Police Meritorious Achievement
PzRzNB7AJh6L5HSRKDuLhoCZAWe3koTH6Ve2YXmb1xpfpWmA7bXICpcNihhncoitt5LcfG0YNWK0hqSGwoE66x4x1BOK-7Jshx6v3D8RvVgP2NTreVkiWyspvElNdwbIEXYbHBGB=s1600

Awarded to: Lieutenant Hastings 4057 (LilChicken)

“Lieutenant Hastings is being awarded the Police Meritorious Achievement award due to his incredible dedication to the Internal Affairs division, but more specifically, due to his role in investigating two high-profile complaints which required a lot of time and effort to investigate and resulted in a large amount of evidence gathering and ultimately resulted in the largest final report ever written within Internal Affairs which allowed the Complaint Committee to come to an efficient final decision.”
- Captain Oberleutnant Schneider (A1L), Head of Internal Affairs​

Key moments​

• This month we have seen the transition period come to an end since the demotion of the previous Chiefs of Department and we welcome the new Chiefs of Department, Acerius and Hayden and wish them well in their role as we look to the future of the department.
  • Recently, we have also seen an unprecedented amount of primary command roles open with applications for trainers, command members and commanding officers for both Patrol and the Road Traffic Unit. Potential applicants are urged to get their applications in as soon as possible before they close and People Services would like to wish all applicants the best of luck in the recruitment process for each role.

Promotions​

Officer Richards 5026 (ray) to Senior Officer, Patrol Division - 05/10/2021

Officer Perkins 3411 (JohnPerkins) to Senior Officer, Patrol Division - 05/10/2021

Senior Officer Schlachtenberg 3376 (Shepard) Reinstated to Sergeant, Patrol Division - 05/10/2021

Senior Officer Wolf 9267 (Sidd) to Corporal, Traffic Division - 06/10/2021

Civilian Jefferson 7030 (Murtsley) Reinstated to Sergeant, Patrol Division - 08/10/2021

Officer James 3765 (samtilley08) to Senior Officer, Patrol Division - 12/10/2021

Officer Anderson 3017 (BA98) to Senior Officer, Patrol Division - 13/10/2021

Corporal Joseph 9025 (Acerius) to Chief of Department - 17/10/2021

Senior Officer McDonald 3550 (Jimmythehamster) to Corporal, Traffic Division - 19/10/2021

Corporal Davids 4699 (AwesomeGamersHQ) to Sergeant, Traffic Division - 19/10/2021

Officer Kobayashi 3523 (Head Hunter) to Senior Officer, Patrol Division - 21/10/2021

Captain James 3745 (Hayden) to Deputy Chief of Department - 21/10/2021

Resignations​

None

Careers​

https://plpd.online/careers/

Head of Patrol

Patrol Command

Head of Traffic

Traffic Command

Traffic Trainer

Patrol Trainer

Status