Model Suggestion More Music Features (Instruments, Recording, Production)

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: More Music Features (Instruments, Recording, Production)
Suggestion Description: Add more instruments!
Electric & acoustic guitars, bass guitars, drums, electronic keyboards, etc.
Maybe brass instruments? Maybe string instruments?
Maybe can we just get more sound kits for piano so we can make more sounds?
All of that would be up to the devs.

A feature I've discussed with people would be the ability to both record and release music we create.
Imagine getting together in Slums 2 and recording a single or an album together on a computer sequencer, with guitars, drums, keyboards and even mics gallore.
This could work with the computer props, allowing digital ways of arranging music within Perp (whether it's basic or complicated, I couldn't care less), and allowing people to all play together and create music.
This could then be temporarily saved to a server / computer of a person recording, sequenced, edited whenever, and then submitted. Maybe an online forum song editor to allow people to do it online aswell as in game?
The songs would be submitted by a player to a forum / server service, reviewed by admins / volunteers to make sure the tracks do not contain harmful or illegal things.

The system could be managed by players, creating competition, or managed similarly to PD, where it is managed in divisions. Lower levels could be manufacturing + printing CDs, higher levels could be managing bands, accepting demo CDs, etc.

Live music could also work too if other instruments worked how the piano works now, with each player having an input to a speaker system, with the server giving metronome rats, syncing the audio to a clock and then outputting it to the audience, fixing syncing problems. Hungres and Schwein could be the most rocking music joint in the city, or house parties like a Nirvana concert could be held outside Subs 3.

A music industry could also be created, with players able to create record labels, manage catalogues, manufacture CDs, records and tapes, all for a cost of course. This could then be released and spread around the server, creating a new social culture within players with certain bands. The celebritism with this could also create more tension between organisations, providing more incentives such as higher album song counts, longer track lengths, cheaper prices, etc.
Industry could create wars with diss tracks, and unite with anthems of the server.

Cars could also have more modifications, with stereo systems such as CD & tape players to alloww the playback of music on the go.
Instrument manufacturing could become its own business too, with instrument manufacturers building names for themselves and creating more competition with higher tech, pricing, etc, creating more business for people and even opening up the existence of music shops too.
Music kit could also be a feature, where players create and sell msuic equipment such as tape players, CD players and turntables.

Playing music could work similarly to the radio, transmitting it live or simply playing back a compressed, low quality OGG file.
Manual server administration would have to be had for the amount of tracks had, and the amount stored, and the compression rates would have to be managed, but with careful consideration, it could be managed in such a way that a true music industry could be created.
All of this is in theory, but I think it would be incredibly cool to create music and share it among the server.

Why should this be added?:
- New economy
- More things for players to craft
- Nigh infinite customizability with instruments
- More features to make homes more personal
- More competition between people / organisations

What negatives could this have?:
- Abuse with words / lyrics released, requiring moderation
- More of a divide between new players and long-time players
- Another system to learn
- Another thing to code in depth
- Could take up lots of server storage if very popular, and if not managed correctly

What problem would this suggestion solve?: This would create another creative aspect on Perpheads, allowing players to do a bit more than just mugging, growing or playing PD. Gives some soul and life to Perp, and creates a new aspect of Perp life.

Reaction score
I don't really see this as we already have pianos as are instrument and no one really uses it at all for money

Reaction score
I don't really see this as we already have pianos as are instrument and no one really uses it at all for money
The point of the new systems would allow for people to make proper money off of the system

Reaction score
Adding instruments and the likes as props would be sick. I see no way of implementing guitar effectively and learn-ably all too much though I could just +voicerecord and play a real one down my mic if I wanted to.

Reaction score
Adding instruments and the likes as props would be sick. I see no way of implementing guitar effectively and learn-ably all too much though I could just +voicerecord and play a real one down my mic if I wanted to.
Perpheads band would go hard! (Voice delay)
Yeah I don’t think this could be implemented that they’re actually playable. Guitar would be very hard unless it was just press buttons to play certain chords I guess and drums would just be annoying clashing most likely. Props would be sick though.

Reaction score
Perpheads band would go hard! (Voice delay)
Yeah I don’t think this could be implemented that they’re actually playable. Guitar would be very hard unless it was just press buttons to play certain chords I guess and drums would just be annoying clashing most likely. Props would be sick though.
Well, the chord idea ain't exactly. Press a letter for that chord, press shift for a flat, press CTRL for an alternate, press a number to add a certain interval... Would work.
Drums could be stuff like drum machines, and pianos could just have synths.

Reaction score
no offense, i'd much rather devs focus on other things to add depth to or introduce other features.

Even if this idea is hypothetically added, I can’t imagine anybody actually using it beyond the first 2 weeks of it being added.

Reaction score
no offense, i'd much rather devs focus on other things to add depth to or introduce other features.

Even if this idea is hypothetically added, I can’t imagine anybody actually using it beyond the first 2 weeks of it being added.
You clearly do not have a sense of humor :D

I'm suggesting it cause it's something I'd like, if you don't like it then it's fine.
I know I'd be using it if it's implemented well, I hope it would be if added.
Just hope that Maia doesn't make it so that everything plays Taylor Swift.

Reaction score
The guitar in rust works pretty well, don't see any reason why it wouldn't work here too.

Reaction score
You clearly do not have a sense of humor :D

I'm suggesting it cause it's something I'd like, if you don't like it then it's fine.
I know I'd be using it if it's implemented well, I hope it would be if added.
Just hope that Maia doesn't make it so that everything plays Taylor Swift.
Respectfully, less than 10 people care enough about the 2 big music ideas you posted. That is a fair point and fact, it's a joke to pretend otherwise.

7 people is 5.5% of a full server, therefore Logically development time that would require the full implementation of your ideas is far better utilized on suggestions that benefit the player base on a wider scope.