New Law: 9.8 Armed Robbery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Law: 9.8 Armed Robbery
Suggestion Description: Armed robbery, speaks for itself. Currently breaking into the bank is considered as 11.5 Breaking and Entering. However, when robbing the bank you are threatening the lives of the bank NPC's and therefore it could also be counted as 9.3. This is confusing so a new law should be added: 9.8 Armed Robbery with a sentence of 6-8 years and a fine that matches the jail sentence as you are using armed weapons and threatening people, breaking into a facility and potentially shooting people.

Why should this be added?:
- Makes the current laws more real
- Less confusion
- Aligns with the PLPD computer (Robbing the bank)

What negatives could this have?:
- People could dislike it as they would get a longer sentence

Reaction score
I quite like @Tyla Jai's suggestion as it touches on this topic with his proposed burglary/aggravated burglary offences but includes some other good changes

https://perpheads.com/threads/theft...t-burglary-robbery-aggravated-burglary.44515/

However, at the moment there isn't really a real way for law suggestions to be implemented and I'm unsure what's happened since @TinySlayer's paralake.city motions but maybe this could be discussed at an admin meeting with the chiefs of department present to ensure there is a simplified process rather than none at all?

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. As mentioned by @nutrient10, this has already been covered in another post. I also made one for armed robbery last year as well, available here. For the sake of keeping this section clean, I will move this thread and close it. We hope that we can get the ball rolling with some law reform in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.