Server Suggestion New Mayor Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Mayor Policies
Suggestion Description: Below here is a long list of new Mayoral Policies. I realise some of these can seem too crippling, but please keep in mind the price of the policies when deciding if something is 'OP' or not. The harsh policies will drain the budget fast. Do also note that prices are just what I suggest and can be changed.

Basic Training
Paramedics, Firefighters and Roadcrew will earn 1.2x Job Experience while this policy is active.
Cost: $5,000
Min.: $500

Advanced Training
Paramedics, Firefighters and Roadcrew will earn 1.5x Job Experience while this policy is active.
Cost: $10,000
Min.: $1,000

Tax Relief for Low Wealth
People with a wealth of less than $300,000 in their bank accout will get a income tax relief of half the current tax. Has no effect if tax rate is 10% or less.
Min.: $500

Tax Relief for Medium Wealth
People with a wealth between $300,000 and $1,000,000 in their Bank Account will get a income tax relief of half the current tax. Has no effect if tax rate is 10% or less.
Cost: $20,000

Tax Relief for High Wealth
People with a wealth exceeding $1,000,000 in their Bank Account will get a income tax relief of half the current tax. Has no effect if tax rate is 10% or less.
Cost: $50,000
Min.: $5,000

Housing Limitations
The limit for owned properties is lowered to 2 per person or 3 per organisation.
Cost: $25,000
Min.: $2,000

Social Housing
People who own no Residential Properties will get a 50% discount on Residential Properties.
Min.: $,2000

War on Drugs
Large continuous funding towards Paralake's Anti-Drug unit forces the Drug Dealer to swap locations much more often. (every 30 mins).
Cost: $20,000
[NOTE: This policy must have been active for at least 30 mintues prior to the Drug Dealer's location swap. This means that for this policy to have an effect, it must have spent $50,000 from the budget. 20k from the cost and 30k from the charge every minute before it works.)

Road Safety Commission
A commision for Road Safety reduces the likelyhood of City events involving road incidents.
Cost: $5,000

Elite Lawyers
A set of lawyers reduces the likelyhood of City events involving mishandling of evidence and other fines.

City-Funded Mechanics
The Mechanics in Paralake are partly funded by the City. This reduces the repair cost of a vehicle's Engine, Tyres and Paint Job by 20%

Why should this be added?:
- More variety
- Mayor has more control over the city

What negatives could this have?:
- Potential imbalance, this can be addressed with later changes.

Reaction score
I disagree with the XP boost policies but everything else looks good. I like the idea of removing city fund drain events.

Reaction score
I disagree with the XP boost policies but everything else looks good. I like the idea of removing city fund drain events.
I don't really see why not, it is tedious as fuck to get anything higher then Senior paramedic, at least with grinding Levels it would make it slightly faster rather then sitting at the same rank for weeks at a time.

Reaction score
Ngl, those two were kinda inspired by the fact that it has taken me roughly 15 hours to rank up from Firefighter to Senior Firefighter - with Influence 5. It's very slow.

Reaction score
Housing Limitations
The limit for owned properties is lowered to 2 per person or 3 per organisation.
Cost: $25,000

How would this work if an org owned all of projex for example?

Reaction score
XP gain is incredibly slow and time consuming, so I’d argue that this is actually a really good idea and it’s not a HUGE effect too let alone the fact that this policy does need to be made one so it’s not a permanent sort of thing to have

Reaction score
A lot of these are very interesting and fresh ideas! The only one I don’t agree with is the DD one. I just don’t see how it would affect gameplay in any way except for stunting new player’s financial progress.

Everyone who has a lot of money/is in an established org will get the DD relocation text or even just use the ”locate drog dealer” feature.

I’m sure looking for the drug dealer is already tedious enough for new players and I don’t think it becoming harder for them seems fair.

Reaction score
How would this work if an org owned all of projex for example?

to answer this (sorry for reviving a dead thread for this) it has no effect on already owned properties. So as of now, orgs can buy up to 5 properties. If a mayor then comes on and enacts this policy, the org will keep all 5 properties in their posession, but when someone sells one of them, they just won't be able to buy a new one - because they are over the limit.

Reaction score
to answer this (sorry for reviving a dead thread for this) it has no effect on already owned properties. So as of now, orgs can buy up to 5 properties. If a mayor then comes on and enacts this policy, the org will keep all 5 properties in their posession, but when someone sells one of them, they just won't be able to buy a new one - because they are over the limit.
Its like current policies, if the extra mercedes is there, and then the mayor dies, the mercedes stays until despawned - i.e property stays owned until it dosent

Status
Not open for further replies.