Nostalgia trip and my goodbye

Reaction score
Mood music:

Hello friends!

As of writing this, i have spend an approximate 2.035 hours on perpheads. And while I've tried for the past months, This number won't be increasing. I've purchased Garry's Mod on the 21st of august 2013. This means I've owned Garry's Mod 3,106 days. Or 102 months. Or 8.5 years. In those 8.5 years i've spend a total of 5.381,9 hours on this game which averages out on almost one hour 45 minutes per day. That's a lot!

Funny thing is, is that over those 8.5 years i've only ever been in two communities. My journey started back on friendlyplayers, some of you zarp weirdos might know this now very dead community. 13 year old squeaker me played nothing but jailbreak. Even became a squeaker mod on there, back when i was known as, and allah forgive me for having this name: "ILikeTrains"

08A950434850938DDAF1138171CB3D659FEB6750

Jailbreak pretty much died and i learned what 'DarkRP' was, joined the same communities DarkRP server and i remember becoming mod on there. This is also where the name Dave Kearney originated from: I literally just used behindthename.com, it generated 'Dave Kearney' and it has been the sole RP name i've used since, sometimes used 'Thomas Greenfield' whenever i got bored of my dave alter ego. Never knew the name belonged to an irish football player by the way, until today.

05927FA51499D321D4576B48D9A8030EF9179D48

Long story short, DarkRP died and i started browsing the server browser for something more fun and i found Perpheads on the 18th of june 2015 and i've sticked around since. Definitely had some ups and downs, holy shit i was a cringey retard back then. physically cringing whenever i read my posts from 4-5 years ago.
ED80E6F3D85F963C889053F86C4ABC4015C66203

As some of you might know, i've always been a forum drama enjoyer and hopped on whatever bandwagon i could for the meme. Perpheads did an amazing change in culture. Definitely for the better, even when i didn't agree or liked it back then. Still do miss those times though, as it brought out some amazing content like the ones below. First one is one of the best i've made.

https://youtu.be/4w4_mqm5hm4

https://youtu.be/pxcyt7WKoRo
https://youtu.be/e9F-oegAgPo
https://youtu.be/yy0y6bYFbxA
And my most favorite video of all time:

It's honestly a miracle i am not permanently or community wide banned, as my SCAM record is very clean! I've only really had my share of forum and shoutbox bans, a collection im very proud of. The bans and warnings were all worth the shitposts and giggles.(this is not to badmouth the mods/admins below, many of these punishments were just and correct)
7NBN67s.png

q4grxc8.png

A3Fomix.png

AxFijQe.png

DFqUwJt.png

cDLCJ9z.png

FtwvF5Y.png

IEfGFrG.png

stZ9uyT.png

E92IFia.png

I rarely use youtube or the steam screenshot feature for saving clips, but i do have 12,492 screenshots/videos saved to my own cloud that are garry's mod related. I'll be scrolling trough all of these and will upload my favorite clips/screenshot in a compilation i will upload at a later time.

I'll start getting to the reason behind this thread: for months, maybe for years even perp's started to bore me quite a bit. I've really only stuck around since two years solely to cop main as TFU. I'd join, go TFU and just AFK and wait for a shootout or minge around in light gear. I'd rarely properly investigate, i'd leave scenes early, mute the radio and abandon observation reports. I dropped from Sergeant, to corporal to senior for this reason. Only fair, of course. But i do have to say the more serious the PLPD became the less i started to like it and started treating it like a chore. The taser update caused me to loose my TFU trainer role (Not that i did anything with it, but i did like doing the trainings and feeling superior, sorry @Bnej) as well as my normal TFU role. I really don't have the time, will power or motivation to sit trough another bunch of trainings while having played for 7 years just so i can play a few hours per month to be honest.

iGZu96N.png

My forum activity has also gone to shit, i used to have the forums open all the time on my second monitor chatting about literally anything in the shoutbox. I'm still proud on being the 9th top chatter of all time currently, even though i haven't been top chatter the last months. @Auris passed me very quickly recently and i don't doubt ill be fully of shortly. I remember being top 3 a while ago, so i won't be catching up quick! Even with a 6 month forum ban/hiatus i never got kicked off since we have this new shoutbox :)

AGHKMr7.png

I've also had amazing fun with alot of community members doing whatever. Funny patrols, minecraft servers, random game sessions or just midnight teamspeak conversations. Alot of people have made my childhood so much better than without perpheads. I wouldn't call my hours indoors behind my computer wasted for a single minute. Though i have traded my online presence in for a more social life now though. Never won't quit gaming or lurking this forum though! I really hate tagging a bunch of people because I've met so many people here that i just know i will forget someone. If you've ever had some banter with me, had a mightnight convo or did anything with or for projects like the minecraft servers, know you probably deserve to be on some kind of list.

Garry's Mod has just kinda stopped giving me the dopamine and so has perpheads. There's not much time left for it when working full time, studying, maintaining your life and house and social life. Maybe when S&Box stops being a disappointment and it becomes just as popular, and perp migrates to it maybe you'll see me on there in the future. I'll still be lurking the forums and shoutbox from time to time, but definitely not daily. I'll be focussing on completing a college degree, i dropped out of Information technology because of COVID and might be resuming either in that direction or i will pick-up film making.

I'd like to finish off with my TFU montage which i'm still pretty proud of. This is a very broad summary of my perpheads history. A full montage is yet to come.

your favorite cringelord,
Dave Kearney

Last edited:
Reaction score
Best of luck for the future my friend, I will never forget the day we spent about an hour pushing @Mim into the glitched PD stairs and dropping props on him. Take care.

Reaction score
Best of luck for the future my friend, I will never forget the day we spent about an hour pushing @Mim into the glitched PD stairs and dropping props on him. Take care.
thanks flugs! Oh i'll never forget that, i'll search some clips up tomorrow after work!

maeen

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I wish you the best of luck in the future, I hope you do well.

I liked when we would do hostage sits a good few months back, just for the banter of it, and no real reason, was good fun. I still do to this date.

We also had a few good chats if I remember correctly.

Anyways, you're a good lad, and I'm sure you'll be missed.

Take care, Dave!

Mim

Reaction score
This is actually quite sad, we did a lot on PERP together over 2020 and parts of 2021 and its sad to see you leaving. Thank you for all the fun you bought and also the many minecraft servers where you had to put up with mine and @Collier 's weird requests. (Sorry not sorry) Its a shame to see you go but just know if you ever wanna chat or anything you know where to find me. Good luck!