Server Suggestion Optimize event deaths

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Optimize deaths to make gun game (and other events) better and not crash the server.

Initial idea is to fix whatever is causing the server to crash when gun games are run with a lot of people. I've been told its players dying and respawning which probably makes sense. I got a 20 player gun game to run which didn't cause any issues as far as I know.

I obviously have no idea what goes on when someone dies and respawns but would guess a lot of data gets stored/retrieved constantly, I don't know the ins and outs of how everything is loaded but would things like outfits, tags, inventories, items, etc be loaded every single time someone respawns? Would it be possible to store that kind of info the same way as in Fredy's optimization thread? Or just not load it at all while in an event?

Or another way could be to get rid of dying all together while in an event and just tp the person when their hp reaches 0 instead of going through the entire death/respawn process, the same way that other events have it.

Again I have no clue how any of this shit works and am just hoping someone can give some clarity, and let me know if I'm entirely missing the mark or if anything can even be done.

Why should this be added? (pros): Improve performance during events to allow more of them to happen, and improve everyone's experience during those events. Also not killing the server while they happen during populated times.

What negatives could this have? (cons): More gun game begging :)

Thanks for taking the time to read/reply

Reaction score
The lag is probably caused by multiple factors such as bullet casing drops, the bullet holes, blood, hitreg, deaths, movement in particular chunks, etc, optimizing deaths alone shouldn't be the single factor ( more people = more loading and usage)

But it might be worth looking into logs and trialing how it affects performance etc