PLPD policy suggestions

Reaction score
We are going to try to go over all policies again with the help of the policy board.
All policies can be found here https://plpd.online/resources/
If you have any changes you would like to be made to either a policy or a handbook please leave a reply to this thread and we will go over it in one of our meetings.

When replying please use the following template
  • What policy you would like to be changed or removed
  • Why should the policy be changed or removed
  • What should the policy say in the future

A1L

Reaction score
  • RTU Use of Vehicles (2.5 The Mercedes SL65 AMG may only be driven by an Officer ranked Sergeant or higher. Policy 2.2 does not apply for the Mercedes. The only exception to this is when responding to life-threatening situations.)
  • Well the BMW 340i is able to be driven by anyone whilst they're supervised by a RTU Officer ranked Sergeant+ (Supervisor), so why not allow it also for the RTU Mercedes? I understand this is a fast car, but there is 0 cons of it, mostly due to the fact people already drive supercars and should be able to handle this, it would be alright for it to be the same for the RTU Mercedes, I had suggested it in the past to RTU Command but forgot the reason why it was denied, but I doubt there is any cons at all.
  • Allow RTU Officers to drive the vehicle under the supervision of the supervisor who owns the vehicle. (2.5 The Mercedes SL65 AMG may only be driven by an Officer ranked Sergeant or higher. The only exception to this is when responding to life-threatening situations.)

Last edited:

A1L

Reaction score
What? The vehicle is only spawn-able for Sergeants+. My suggestion is to change the policy so it'll follow Policy 2.2 so they can be supervised whilst driving the RTU Mercedes.

Reaction score
you can argue that every job you go to as plpd is a life threatening situation

Mim

Reaction score
I believe this policy was put in place to give Corporals an insentive to become a Sergeant, to aid in progression as such. However past experience of watching other officers drive RTU vehicles that they haven't been able to drive before normally ends in that officer doing something stupid and then both the RTU officer and that officer being told off. The reason it is restricted to SGT is because they understand policy and they are more experienced officers that can be trusted with a higher speed vehicle like this one. I think @McGlinchy can see where im coming from

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this suggestion forward, @Mimball and I had a chat about this in our command meeting tonight and we're considering the idea.
We'll keep this idea going for a bit and bring it into discussion with some others before we make a final decision

Reaction score
Add a policy regarding vehicle usage as a weapon, as not only is it fucking irritating to get smacked by a car when cops could just pistol zerg you if they want to, but also the following reasons:
- Evidence, such as weapons and grenades they are carrying, might get launched if the officer hits a suspect, and the weapons could be lost and fall into civilian hands. I've seen instances where I've returned to a crime scene where I died after the situation was over and refound my lost grenades and molotovs.
- Officers have gotten themselves banned running people over with there cars in certain ways because they crashed into something and died in the process.
- Officers are getting themselves killed attempting to run people over.
- From a gameplay perspective, if a cop car speeds up to you whilst you have a pistol, theres fuck all you can do about it.
- From a rules perspective, Realism is in play, and realistically someone shooting the windscreen of a car speeding towards them has a very decent chance of hitting either the driver, a passenger, or the car airbag.

On top of this, allow TFU To hop into an unmarked car as a passenger, but ONLY to respond to a shots fired incident or another incident where TFU would be needed and only if the TFO Dismounts from the vehicle outside of the incident. There's been multiple instances where I've been unable to spawn a car and the only car leaving PD is an unmarked. -- Accepted (McGlinchy)

Bring back the policy that only allowed you to shoot fleeing suspect vehicles if the vehicle has either committed a crime that endangered lives of civilians or as a last resort in a pursuit. An incident that sprung to mind was when the second RC Worker on duty hopped into my RC Truck without me knowing in cuffs after he killed someone and police immediately shot me out of my car.

Reaction score
Policies like these only serve to alienate people from the PD. Police use their vehicles as a weapon IRL, it's far more realistic than people using their fibreglass supercar to run people over with.

Reaction score
RTU Use of Vehicle Policy has been updated to allow for TFOs to ride or drive the unmarked vehicle when preserving their life or responding to a life-threatening situation.

3.8 Tactical Firearms Officers may only ride in or drive the unmarked vehicles when attempting to preserve their own lives or while responding to life-threatening situations.

Reaction score
As @jimmythehamster said. I mean, it's also irritating to get splatted by a person as a cop. You have to watch your positioning or abuse the fact that PERP's car physics don't let you change direction very quickly.

And whether or realistic is not the question. Cops already lose most firefights. I don't see a reason as to why disabling cars as weapons should make the job more appealing or the server more alive.