Programs not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
its like i live in the toilet the way i be shittin
Okay, so I have some sort of glitch on my computer, might be a virus, that makes a couple of programs not answer, making them unusable/almost unusable. This is very annoying on for example skype as skype is something I use almost daily, and it takes about 2 hours to make it actually work, and even then it sometimes decides to just not answer.

I even googled around a bit, which gave me no help whatsoever. There was this thing though, that said it would make programs and windows answer if it was glitched, but this program itself didn't actually answer.

I would upload a picture here for my running processes, but I'm afraid you could do some 1337 h4x0ring towards my computer, so please tell me if this is safe.

Programs not answering:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Edition
probably more

@AyJay
@Trande
@Creepis
@Fredy

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have pretty much the same problem with ETS2, it spontaneously started not responding, I tried deleting some mods that I have recently installed but no result. Then I started a new profile, played around a little and it stopped working again. Really annoying me.

Deleted member 1235

This is quite funny actually because I've got a similar problem develop today with my GTAIV and ETS2. I have no mods for ETS2 too. Any help for him will be great for me too <3

Help me not Torvald ( ͡° ͜V ͡°)

Reaction score
Could be steam: Burnout is launched through steam, GTA is launched through steam, ETS is launched through steam too. I don't know if it's related to this but recently for some reason GMod required me to start steam before trying to launch the game, or it won't work

Reaction score
Of course, you could always just reinstall Windows, I know this is a lot of work, but sometimes it's the only solution.

Make sure, when you reinstall Windows, you make a restore point when:

1. Windows is fully installed with all settings configured. No programs installed.
2. Windows is fully installed with the main programs. Chrome etc.
3. Windows is fully installed with a clear install of all games. No settings changed.

So, if you ever have the issue again, you can simply restore windows to a functioning version.

Reaction score
Another thing I suggest you do if you reinstall Windows:

Set up a backup software to automatically backup your important data to an online file server, get Norton Backup or Crashplan.

It'll cost you money, but a backup has saved me millions of times!

Status
Not open for further replies.