Re-open ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Being able to re-open an F6 ticket once it's closed by a button or being able to send a reply.

Why should this be added? (pros): Makes sense to not create another F6 if you have questions regarding after it being solved, quality of life

What negatives could this have? (cons): N/A

*Other additions: N/A

Reaction score
I don't really see a situation where this is beneficial but I would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

In general if a report is closed it will be done because either:
- the creator considers the report done and closes it
- the report is considered closed by a staff member

Now there is the exception to this that there are people who will want to reopen a report because they don't agree with the outcome, this is tragic from a staff members perspective as the unpleased participant can just reopen the report.

The argument could be that it happens on accident, this could be resolved by adding a confirmation button.

Reaction score
I don't really see a situation where this is beneficial but I would love to hear other peoples thoughts.

In general if a report is closed it will be done because either:
- the creator considers the report done and closes it
- the report is considered closed by a staff member

Now there is the exception to this that there are people who will want to reopen a report because they don't agree with the outcome, this is tragic from a staff members perspective as the unpleased participant can just reopen the report.

The argument could be that it happens on accident, this could be resolved by adding a confirmation button.

It can possibly be used for the cases of when a staff member says ‘Report them again if further problems arise’ this in turn could just prompt the player to re-open a ticket so they can get back on track without having to explain the situation again.

Reaction score
It can possibly be used for the cases of when a staff member says ‘Report them again if further problems arise’ this in turn could just prompt the player to re-open a ticket so they can get back on track without having to explain the situation again.

But that would mean report count is skewed even further as some reports would take 10x the effort of others.

This could make is hard for the admins to keep a track of mods activity, when they're not being inactive themself of course.

Reaction score
But that would mean report count is skewed even further as some reports would take 10x the effort of others.

This could make is hard for the admins to keep a track of mods activity, when they're not being inactive themself of course.
I don't 100% understand the point you're trying to make but a report should just be counted as one no? And the guy would continue on from it

Reaction score
Issue I see is that people will just re-open reports whenever they need help again. As it currently stands, I feel like making another report suffices most of the time as it’s usually a separate situation. Even right now when dealing with a report and the person has a separate issue pop up mid way thru, not only does it increase workload but only counts as one report when really it would be ideal for it to count as 2. Additionally, if people could just reopen reports, it could force a staff member into having another report automatically, even if they don’t have time to handle it. Would probably also be a pain to have said reopened report count for 2 reports for separate people

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, sadly this won't work. People will just reopen reports whenever they please; for say reopening it cause they don't agree with the outcome. This would be annoying as fuck for all staff members as they will keep getting notifications of that same report, since the user keeps opening it. If really needed a new report should be made, considering report count is also used to track staff activity.

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from, sadly this won't work. People will just reopen reports whenever they please; for say reopening it cause they don't agree with the outcome. This would be annoying as fuck for all staff members as they will keep getting notifications of that same report, since the user keeps opening it. If really needed a new report should be made, considering report count is also used to track staff activity.
I don't get what everyone is trying to say by this "report count" thingy, if it's just one situation, technically it requires only one report to be made that will include all the details and it will be discussed in one report, which can be reopened after if the user has a question regarding it, I really feel like there shouldn't be a second report just made for that in fact that's actually what screws up the report count that people are trying to talk about.

I totally agree with you in the first part that you've mentioned where it'll be a lot annoying for staff, although it's not like I can't create spam reports on F6 constantly to annoy the staff with the current system we have? Instead what I thought was there could be an implementation to completely close the report or hand timeout to a user from the report system temporarily if they are being an annoying little smack.

Status
Not open for further replies.