reform 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: change to current

What law do you wish to change/add:
That officer can arrest you on a single leo statement that the person has committed the crime

Why should this change/addition be made:
This law has only just been changed to allow cops to arrest people for crime they can only assume they have committed or if it is LEO v CIV the leos statement over rules this and the get arrested or charged. This Idea is mainly for higher time charges like murder etc. For example (irl) a single officer has witnessed this man/woman shot someone and the civ say I didn't shoot anyone and there was no evidence or dna just a single statement from the officer the case would never hold up and get dropped. Basically the reform has allowed the cops to arrest people if only the cop has seen it him/herself no one else, especially in a murder or assault with deadly weapon case this is far to insufficient to prosecute a person for that charge if the person is against the allegation and there is no solid evidence like a weapon or dna on the body.

What is the aim of this change/addition: The aim is to make prosecutions of suspects more fair and 50/50 when it comes to 1v1 accounts if there is not sufficient evidence except a statement from an LEO against another person. Also to stop people being falsely arrested and charged.

Additional Information: none

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree with this due to the fact 1 officers statment should be sufficient enough evidence to charge a suspect. I do see the problem you mean where officers think they've seen you commit a crime and can end up providing false information, but i dont think the way to solve it is by a law reform. Usually, i'd just take it to LOOC if an officer is lying about a situation and report it, because they can't provide false information.

Reaction score
It needs to be reformed for the fact rhat a single statement lands you in the slammer for murder or a serious crime that in real life would require solid evidence to be provided in order to charge them with that crime. also in real life they give lesser charges if the plead guilty etc and we cant to that as officers are always like max all but i have an idea for that ill.put up later in discussion.

Reaction score
Bjqo5sr.png

Rejected
This issue was discussed in the creation of the law and it was determined that without an officer's statement it would be almost impossible for most arrests to occur. An officer's testimony is what many cases rest on as well in real life. As an officer of the PLPD you should recognize this as your most important tool when it comes to law enforcement.​

Status
Not open for further replies.