Server Suggestion Security System??

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Security System??
Suggestion Description: -Able to buy security cameras, which can be frozen in place (have to place it somewhere realistic)

-Able to buy a security monitor (could connect to both, side by side, or one monitor per camera)

-Ability to monitor your security cameras through a security monitor

-Companion phone app which allows you to remotely view your cameras (maybe limit it to one camera for the phone app to avoid the meta)

Extra Security Ideas

-Motion Detectors (sends you notification on phone if someone enters your property while you are not home)

-Motion Detectors could connect to the security cameras as well, only turning on the cameras when someone is nearby.

Why should this be added?:
Would add a more realistic sense to the game,

Advantage solo new players to be able to grow

What negatives could this have?:
- Meta for large clans to set up a ton of cameras
- Could be OP checking from phone.

Reaction score
I like the idea behind it, but the negatives outweigh the positives on this one. As you mentioned yourselves big orgs will just have a even bigger advantage then they already have, because they'll be able to see every corner. New players already have a great advantage for basing, their doors are quite hard to breakin and a lot of players don't raid players who have a "new player" doortag.

Reaction score
I’ve seen CCTV Camera system and used them as a feature on other servers, it’s so unbelievably broken with wall penetration damage, especially at the extreme level of damage guns do through certain walls, all doors, and even floors.

Whilst I understand the idea of using security cameras and why people would want them on perp, it would simply be far too broken. Good idea in general, just not good for us.

If guns didn’t shoot through everything, then maybe, but this gamemode isn’t really suited for that sort of play style.

Motion sensors aren‘t a terrible idea though, but when suggesting 2 completely new features, it’s better to suggest them separately as the motion sensor idea might be a better idea.

Reaction score
Here's some examples on why I personally do not vouch for the idea

- Would give little to no risk on you leaving your base when powergrowing.
- When being raided you could check the cameras on your phone and pretty much have wall hacks.
- Too much like dark RP.
- People could make up stupid excuses to break traffic laws such as "somebody activated my motion camera".
- What I could probably imagine a massive project and headache for the dev's.
- "Meta for large clans to set up a ton of cameras" you said it yourself, zerg orgs are already strong enough let alone adding this.
- Cameras could be easily placed in positions in which are stupid, a whole rule category would more than likely have to be added.