Strange freezing bug.

Reaction score
Hey there, Ive played on the PH server before and I've dealt with the same bug that time by typing in -dxlevel 90 in the launch options, however let me explain the bug first.

Basically, I'm able to join the waiting server and play without any trouble, however when I manage to join the main server and I get spawned, everything seems fine until I try to move, I instantly rubberband like crazy and get mad laggyness after that, I'm unable to move from my spawning position no matter what I try.

The -dxlevel 90 seemed to have fixed it some time ago, however it doesnt seem to work now!

Can anyone assist me?

Reaction score
Disable/Remove any addons you do not need as it just adds useless stuff to load in when connecting, give some time before trying to move, sometimes it happens to me as well and I get some jittery movement but then it's fine. Mind sharing your computer specs too? That could be part of the problem.

Reaction score
Disable/Remove any addons you do not need as it just adds useless stuff to load in when connecting, give some time before trying to move, sometimes it happens to me as well and I get some jittery movement but then it's fine. Mind sharing your computer specs too? That could be part of the problem.

I managed to join the server yesterday and played for 3-4 hours without any problems, good framerates etc.
Today however, same shit happening again so I'll remove any other addons and see if that works.

Also, I'm playing on a 6 year old PC so yeah the specs are horrible but Ive gotta work with what I got.

Reaction score
I managed to join the server yesterday and played for 3-4 hours without any problems, good framerates etc.
Today however, same shit happening again so I'll remove any other addons and see if that works.

Also, I'm playing on a 6 year old PC so yeah the specs are horrible but Ive gotta work with what I got.
If you got a 6 year old PC with stuff that wasn't the best by then GMod PERPHeads probably wont run good.

Reaction score
If it's of any help, these are the errors I receive in my console.

Failed to load custom font file 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\download\resource\fonts\clearsans-medium.ttf'
ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL
material models/props/skybox_regal/fence_03 has a normal map and an envmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: maps/rp_paralake_city_v3_02/xq/racing/ground/b_grass_rock_wvt_patch
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: maps/rp_paralake_city_v3_02/xq/racing/ground/b_forest_civ_wvt_patch
Error! Variable "$envmaptint" is multiply defined in material "models/jarheads/weapons/attachments/scopes/schmidt/diffuse"!
material models/props/regal_staircase/fence_03 has a normal map and an envmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

material models/props/regal_balcony/fence_03 has a normal map and an envmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

material models/props/subs_balcony_fence/fence_03 has a normal map and an envmapmask. Must use $normalmapalphaenvmapmask.

env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor028c
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: wood/woodfloor008a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: glass/glasswindow037a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: concrete/concretefloor005a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: metal/metalroof008a
env_cubemap used on world geometry without rebuilding map. . ignoring: tile/tileroof002a
Loading Properties...
Compact freed 454656 bytes
Redownloading all lightmaps
$10 - $4 (income tax) from your unemployment check has been deposited into your bank account.
[DOUBLEPOST=1481120500,1481037384][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems to be a problem that is connected to the amount of players connected to the server.
I've just played several hours while the server's playerbase was underneath of 50 players, yet everytime it reaches that cap my game crashes without an error, and when I try to reconnect I am faced with the same freezing bug.

I'm not quite sure what the problem here is, but I didn't experience any lagg whatsoever before hand so I'm pretty clueless.
[DOUBLEPOST=1481209100][/DOUBLEPOST]Welp, I guess a new PC is needed anyways..

Reaction score
Perp is horribly optimised for Garry's Mod and even me on my decent PC has some pretty poor spikes and rubberbands from spawn (takes me like 2 minutes to stop) and like Daymon said, it's probably because of your PC that makes it so bad.

Also be sure to close any background applications you don't need on your desktop and root through them in Task Manager.