Make the videos?

• Yay

• Nay

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hey, as some of you may know I make youtube videos and stream a bit. If you look around on youtube, you can't really find any good, up to date tutorials on how to play PERPHeads. I was thinking about starting a series (like maybe 3 videos) to explain to new players how to play the game, how to grow drugs, and what mindset they should have. I wanted to get a vote to see who would want the sweatercops to be educated. Some of the ideas I had were "How to Play PERP", "How to Make Money", and "How to Have Fun". I feel like having a couple of videos that new players could use to learn how to do basic tasks, and what rules they should be trying to follow might help out the community. It might help prevent the sweaters jaywalking across the intersection.

Reaction score
If you really are that much of a dedicated member and have the time to do that then why not. You'll be helping a lot of people and hopefully if the videos are good enough they might pin it on the guides for every sweatervest to see once they enter the guides thread. If you're going to make the videos this week I might be able to help you with that (if you need any help) since I have a week off right now. By the way can you link your channel because I haven't heard about it yet?

Reaction score
Ok so:
How To Play The Game: Buy Gmod, go on the server
How To Make Money: Grow a bunch of drugs
How To Have Fun: You don't

But seriously, I don't think the videos would help much at all. Not many people are going to join the server and be like "Hmm, let's watch a video on how to play this." at all. Sweatervests are going to join, they're going to break rules, they're not going to go on the forums, and they'll basically still do the same stuff as they do now.
If you want to help sweatervests in any way, make some info booth or some shit at CH for the sweatervests that just join, and maybe like "adopt" a sweatervest and show him how to play. I've done that a few times, and it's funny to see what they do.
Let's not talk about how most times I adopt a sweatervest they end up RDMing someone.
I'm good with sweatervests.
But still, videos aren't going to help. Maybe make some sort of org dedicated to helping sweatervests or something. Do something IG with them, don't make video tutorials, nobody's going to watch them.

Reaction score
Ok so:
How To Play The Game: Buy Gmod, go on the server
How To Make Money: Grow a bunch of drugs
How To Have Fun: You don't

But seriously, I don't think the videos would help much at all. Not many people are going to join the server and be like "Hmm, let's watch a video on how to play this." at all. Sweatervests are going to join, they're going to break rules, they're not going to go on the forums, and they'll basically still do the same stuff as they do now.
If you want to help sweatervests in any way, make some info booth or some shit at CH for the sweatervests that just join, and maybe like "adopt" a sweatervest and show him how to play. I've done that a few times, and it's funny to see what they do.
Let's not talk about how most times I adopt a sweatervest they end up RDMing someone.
I'm good with sweatervests.
But still, videos aren't going to help. Maybe make some sort of org dedicated to helping sweatervests or something. Do something IG with them, don't make video tutorials, nobody's going to watch them.
I'll have to disagree with you there Dilan. Not all sweatervests are ignorant rule breakers who enjoy trolling or killing. Believe it or not some sweatervests read the rules before they agree to following them. I say this because I have met such sweatervests and some have made quite the reputation. When a dedicated member like that decides to waste most of his time reading the rules and understanding them you wouldn't expect him to leave the server immediately? I'm sure those type of sweatervests will take a look at the forums, once they do they will surely take a look at the guides where they will find those videos our friend here speaks of making. I am one of those sweatervests who was looking for guides from the start and I can assure you that if someone actually made a video about it back then, I wouldn't have had to rim lick everyone I met. @pastamaniac, if you have the time to make these type of videos then please do and make sure you post them on the guides. It will help a lot of newcomers who might make this community better than it already is :).

Reaction score
Honestly I think when you join the server, not knowing what to do is always the fun part. Being in an environment you've never been and having to adapt to really lets you discover all of the things you didn't know existed to a much better experience. When I was really new, I didn't think that everyone power-growed, I was usually out and about doing stuff that I didn't even notice power-growing was a thing until months later. When you start to play the server for a while, you have all the guns, cars, and the reputation you want; the server starts to get really stale. As me and @Chopper had talked about not long ago, PERP sometimes just doesn't feel the same as it did a while back because back then it was pretty much "Oh damn we're cold blooded killers, stay out of our way, cunt." with excitement, but now it's just "This guy fucked with me, gotta kill him, not to forget that other guy who raided the shop, write his name down, too." I would take an advantage of being a little new to the server.