Volts - Just Stream (who want's to pay for Sam Broadcaster Pro anyways?)

Reaction score
Always wanted to start your own radio station, but feel obstructed because there is no actual way to get an legal license for streaming software, for a reasonable price? Stop looking, because Volts is here to bring a twist to the industry.

Volts is a free, closed source, Shoutcast streaming package. It currently only supports Shoutcast 2, and is soon to be released with the following features:
- Two-dock streaming, allowing seamless transitioning between songs
- Support for the most common streaming protocol: Shoutcast
- Supports MP3 files, WAV files untested but should work
- Built in ParalakeFM support for ParalakeFM employees (requires special build)

The following features are planned, and will be implemented before release:
- Song queuing, let Volts handle your transitions
- Manageable song library, no more storing all your songs in one list and hours of searching
- Seeking and volume controls

The client currently looks like this: (It's just an alpha, don't judge just yet!)
2308649d8af64046bf44e345fd27efa2.png

I mainly post this to gather some idea's, so if you'd like to see something implemented, then just go ahead and post it! I'll try my best to accommodate to what the community wants.

Reaction score
Poor @Roj who has already bought a license for SAM Broadcaster xd

Looks pretty good! Looking forward to seeing how far this program goes, I am definite it will be popular! :D

Reaction score
Small update

I've just implemented a functional seeking bar, so you can now change the progress of the currently playing song, I've also installed a theme on top of the standard WPF GUI, so the application is nice to look at, and blends in with Windows 10 or 8.

5027d46ba2cf47598aebce22c618ec9b.png

Also the currently playing file finally displays the file that is actually playing.

Last edited: