Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @phoondos
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Valentine
Your Roleplay Name: Barry Dickens
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:96947711

Why were you punished?: 2.5 - Wallbanged a property during a raid without knowing whether the people inside were armed or not.

Why should this appeal be considered?: At 0:18 in the game, there is one of the stutters that occurs consistently every time I reopen the demo at the same time (Can stream to prove this if required, I believe @A1L has noticed this in my demos as well). During this stutter, my weapon shot without making any noise, which misguided me into thinking that I was being shot from inside Slums 3 considering the angle it came from. As a result, I opened fire towards the bathroom, but it was not my intention to wall bang. I only briefly opened fire then didn't even shoot after that.

In conclusion, since all I saw was the bullet impact at the time, this stutter caused me confusion and resulted in my reaction of opening fire under pressure since I'd rather choose not to die. It was merely a response under the iterated circumstances, and not a malicious act to breach 2.5 as I've been playing long enough to know not to wallbang pre-emptively

Part 2:

Reaction score

Upon further review of the evidence, this warning will be removed as it's plausible for this to have happened as a result of a game stutter. Given your playtime, it's more than reasonable to assume this would not have occured had your game not stuttered. Regardless, please try be more careful not to preemptively wallbang in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.