Who do you think will be the next Labour leader?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date Start date

Deleted member 1235

So Jeremy Corbyn is to step down in the new year and Labour will elect a new leader.

Who do you guys think will become the next leader of the party and leader of the opposition? I personally think it'll be a women and either Jess Phillips or Emily Thornberry.

I don't see any potential male heavyweights at the moment, and I think labour supporters recognise that Dianne Abbot is too gaff prone to lead the party.

After some research, because I’m genuinely dumbfounded by another leader, I’ve figured out who not to want as a leader at least:

Emily Thornburry - she makes Corbyn look like the most decisive man on Earth.

Jess Phillips - although I originally had some hope for her, turns out she’s pretty bad at politics and approaching situations from multiple viewpoints. Also lol she’s sexist

Yet, Rebecca Long-Bailey is looking like a good candidate to represent the left of labour without being too extreme. She seems to represent the party well and has already proven a good standin for labour leader in debates.

literally had an hour long odd discussion with Duffy about this.

Not one mention of burgon clearly no research done

Don't forget the leadership is voted for by the membership of the labour party, hence Jeremy Corbyn despite being undeniably a useless opposition leader won against 3 votes for no confidence and was reinstated, the question is not who will make the best leader factually but who can persuade the labour membership that they can give them loads of free stuff. A female leader would be a step in the right direction for labour as long as they chose someone that can empower people, beyond the generational voters, who labour barely holds on to, as well as it being a figure who can argue with Boris Johnson, being a woman undoubtedly would put them in a better position with our Prime Minister as he is misogynistic and trying to argue with a female leader of the opposition will just bring out the worst in him.

Diane Abbott is so far on the left she can’t even commit to wearing a right shoe silly person

@Jay_ literally proven wrong god knows how many times. She’s been a victim of one of the worst smear campaigns I’ve ever seen. She’s a fucking tool but come on

Back