Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @JoeyThings
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: jamaican dog sandwich
Your Roleplay Name: Kunta King
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:4980326

Why were you punished?: 2.5- User shot and killed a player who was standing unarmed in a doorway of a property that they were trying to raid. The user instead of giving verbal commands whilst gunpointing, shot the player without prior warning. // Banned for Enforcer JoeyThings

Why should this appeal be considered?: I believe that my actions here are in fact not 2.5 as I had to shoot this man to preserve my life in this situation as I pulled out my gun and aimed it at him then he turned around while attempting to close and lock the door while he was also in the way of it. By shooting him I was able to then get inside and be safe from the flankers who were behind me, if I did not shoot him I would have died much quicker due to being directly open for flankers to shoot me. If I was not being shot at by flankers I would not have shot this man as his life being lost wouldn't have saved mine but in this situation I was required to shoot him to preserve my own life. The fact he was unarmed shouldn't be considered here as it has nothing to do with why he was shot and would not and should not effect my judgement on shooting him in this situation.

Additional Information: Staff members have my demo as evidence

Reaction score

The player at the door didn't pose any threat towards you nor did you make any commands to validate your killing. Regardless, if there was a flanker behind you - you should've prioritized that over killing an unarmed player.

Your actions were disproportionate and excessively negative.

Reviewed with @A1L

Status
Not open for further replies.