3.30 Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:
3.30 Recognising Players Players may only recognise and/or describe another player if they have seen a reasonable amount of their face; this rule is generally based on whether or not a player has had an opportunity to see another player’s face. Typically, players should base whether or not they should be able to remember a player based on whether or not they actually remember the player’s In-Character name (the name that ‘floats’ above player’s heads). This means that players can change their clothes, for example, and still potentially be recognised by someone.

Your version of the rule:
3.30 Recognising Players Players may only recognise and/or describe another player's appearance/voice if they have seen a reasonable amount of their face or engaged in a conversation with said person; this rule is generally based on whether or not a player has had an opportunity to see another player’s face or talked to them. Typically, players should base whether or not they should be able to remember a player based on whether or not they actually remember the player’s In-Character name (the name that ‘floats’ above player’s heads). This means that players can change their clothes, for example, and still potentially be recognised by someone.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: An admin recently, who I will not name, has taken this rule too seriously and given someone a warning for recognising them by their voice, even though they've previously engaged in a conversation with them and would be able to recognise them by their voice.
I think it should be changed so this doesn't happen again. Realistically, you would be able to recognise someone by their voice, as everyone has their own individual voice. For example, John Doe's deep, masculine voice is quite different to Jane Doe's high, feminine voice. Same way that @Teemo 's high, 12-year-old voice is quite different to @Fredy 's deep, 21-year-old voice.
If this was implemented then admins wouldn't take the rule too far and warn people for recognising them by their voice. It's really stupid that this has happened.

EDIT: Ignore how there's 4 spoilers instead of 2, it broke and it won't let me fix it.
EDIT AGAIN: Thanks for fixing it Archi

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, this is a nice idea. Like you said most of the people have unique and verry different voices then eachother. And I think it is just stupid that you can't recognise people by there voice.

Reaction score
Is this not a thing? if it's not, I don't see why, I thought this would be obviously allowed.

M

Reaction score
It's worth remarking that the warning you're referring to isn't because this person recognized someone by voice. The problem is that I hadn't spoken with this player in a long time and had died and changed my appearance since previously knowing them, and therefore there was no way that they could recognize me in this way; of course you can recognize someone by voice if - in that life - you have known them to have such a voice.

The problem is that lots of cops think that they 'know everyone' after arresting them once/twice, which is simply not the case as it makes no sense to continue recognizing people after changing face/dying etc, and ruins people's experience when they are 'on the run'.
[DOUBLEPOST=1468678294,1468676930][/DOUBLEPOST]
Locked.jpg

Nothing needs to change in this rule, it is fine as it is and if you look at the specific wording of the rule more carefully you will see that recognizing people by voice is indeed allowed in many circumstances. If the person who was warned disagrees with it, then they can follow the procedures as outlined on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.