[Suggestion] Edit to rule 5.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.4

Your version of the rule: Under most circumstance paramedics may not be killed. The exceptions to this rule are where the medic has failed to follow reasonable orders given under gunpoint, or when the paramedic poses a threat to your life, freedom, or general well-being. This does not include merely witnessing a crime.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: You can't kill a paramedic for trying to take DNA, according to my ban. That's quite poor considering the fact that that is essentially a free warrant, and in turn a free 10 years/10k ticket. Honestly, I don't see a point to the rule as a whole, other than paramedics being salty when they get shot for metaphorically handing over a warranted suspect's address to the police.

Yes, this is why I am banned, and yes, I am salty. And yes, I am a fat hypocrite.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can't kill cops either for taking DNA. Because it doesn't make sense for you to leave more DNA and trigger more life alerts if you can just leave and hide.

Reaction score
Why kill the medic for trying to take DNA if you can just gunpoint him and tell him to stop doing it?

Reaction score
The rule as it is is kind of sketchy, here's why:

The Rules said:
Under most circumstance paramedics may not be killed. The exceptions to this rule are where the medic (1) has failed to follow reasonable orders given under gunpoint. (2) You may not kill medics who are attempting to preserve their life. Players may not attempt to take and/or demand money or items from a City Employee. This rule excludes job related items e.g. Police Radio.
(1) Only covers reasonable orders under gunpoint, however, does not cover medics failing to preserve their life, which should be amended
(2) If a medic knowingly risks his life by performing an action (reviving/sampling DNA), we should be allowed to kill them and they should be punished. This is where 3.4 would come into play, however, if we're not allowed to kill them, they have nothing to fear, which is retarded.

The rule should be amended, as it protects medics far too severely. In the case of your ban, the medic thought it would be a good idea to start reviving in an active shootout and failed to make sure that his actions did not risk his life and was killed because of it, which is perfectly reasonable. I disagree with the fact that you were banned, but the broken rule makes it valid.

I would also like to respond to @DutchAero
DutchAero said:
well then he didn't do what was said under gunpoint and then you're allowed to kill him...
Yes, but supposing the medic does follow your orders for a time and just waits until the perpetrator is gone, what is stopping the medic from continuing his actions and most likely being able to identify you easier? If the medic is hanging around a gunfight and is knowingly risking his life he should not only be shot, he should be punished, which isn't happening very often.

Plus, if the perpetrator returns only to find the medic disobeying his orders, the perpetrator will get punished rather than the medic, as the perpetrator returned to a crime scene he was involved in. It is perfectly reasonable for the perp not to be allowed to return, however, just killing the medic in the first place would have made everything a lot less sloppy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
denied.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.