3.7 Right to Search

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Change​
What law do you wish to change/add: 3.7 Right to Search - A Law enforcement officer may also search any person who is detained for anything that the detained person is believed known, such as through probable cause, to be in possession of relating to the investigation for which they are detained which has been proven beyond reasonable doubt or through solid evidence to be related to a criminal offence. (i.e. DNA proof, government witnesses, admissions of guilt. Civilian witness statements alone do not amount to solid evidence) Law enforcement officers may also search any arrested person in their custody for any evidence of a criminal offence.

New version: 3.7 Right to Search - A Law enforcement officer may also search any person who is detained for anything that the detained person is known, such as through probable cause, to be in possession of relating to the investigation for which they are detained which has been proven beyond reasonable doubt or through solid evidence to be related to a criminal offence. (i.e. DNA proof, government witnesses, admissions of guilt. Civilian witness statements alone do not amount to solid evidence)
Why should this change/addition be made:

I dont like the word believe

zslc7B3.png

For me to search someone you need to be absolutely sure it's related to the crime you are investigating through witnessing them commit the crime or having beyond reasonable doubt through probable cause they commited the crime. As the law is now written for example if someone shoots in the forest, everyone in the forest can be searched to see if they have a gun on them even though it is not beyond reasonable doubt that they are the ones that shot. For something to be beyond reasonable doubt solid evidence has to be obtained through gov witnesses etc to know they have commited the crime. Otherwise all you find is 5 people illegally transporting. You've searched 4 people because someone else shot.

As it is the law contradicts it self, "believe" means you can search them without any evidence when "beyond reasonable doubt"would mean you need a form of evidence or probable cause to search someone. Eg. You hear Ak shots and Feng Tamagotchi in an orange suit is running at you with an ak on his back.

What is the aim of this change/addition: Less people uninvolved in situations being searched in popular places like Bazaar ect when anyone could have commited the crime.

Additional Information: Everything seems to be PD sided rather than balance and how to benefit other players in a RP server with fairness.

Reaction score
+Support

The post just speaks for itself, I believe the law is a bit vague and miss written and doesn’t take into consideration many other factors and things, I’ll give this a plus support due to the good and thoughtful points, shroud, and actual effort put into this.