A little lag problem

Reaction score
Hey fellow players I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this problem I have been having. It has really been interfering with my experience and is taking the fun out of playing. The problem is that I get a large amount of lag while playing, but only SOMETIMES. Every once in a while the game will be nice and smooth and no lag at all. Other times it will be an outright slideshow. I know for a fact it is not my computer or internet because my computer is pretty decent and I can run other servers just fine. I am guessing it is an issue with all of the custom content (Which I have never seen this much content in a server before.) But I was hoping there was a way around it considering it is nice and smooth sometimes. At first I thought it was something to do with the amount of players online which is possible but I doubt it. My internet is okay so I do not think that is a problem, and my computer has a Core i7 and a GTX 880M Graphics card and 16GB of Ram. I was hoping someone knew a possible fix, please get back to me if you do. Thanks!

Reaction score
Everyone has lag. Alot of people including me use these commands:
-> gmod_mcore_test 1
-> mat_queue_mode 2

once in game type those in and it should help a massive amount. You may get minor glitches such as flickering clothing, some cars may change appearance (my car rims turn to orange when i have the mcore test on).

Gmod_mcore_test enables multicore.....something. I don't know, use at your own risk however.

If you so choose to use gmod_mcore_test 1, you have to type it into console every time you open the game.

However, i also recommend joining the server at a time when not many people are on (such as right now), if you don't experience the problems then it is that.

you stated you doubt it could be the players, but it really is the problem. Everyone lags in the main city area, in the business around Bazaar, and when there is alot of cars, or entities.

Reaction score
Why dont you just tracert to the perpheads server address. View the hops and response times and you will get an idea if your lag is IP based or pc.

Reaction score
If its your computer which is causing the "lags" due to FPS problems. I would be able to solve that problem with around 10 commands, that I use myself. As soon as I'm home, I'll be able to give them to you. :moron:
(On phone)