Lag spikes and lag in general. please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i have never ever had problems with my computer nor the server itself, never had any type of lag at all it was fine for me but there were ddos attacks 2 or 3 days ago and after that when i play the perp server i cant play anymore i have so much lag and lag spikes that i cant even move, i am teleport from place to place, the game is running but the screen freeze and then after a second it unfreeze i am in a different place that lag coused me to be hit by a car i crash my own car while i drive thru the intersection or at the high way as i lose control of my car i cant do anything after this ddos. this game is now unplayable for me BUT i assure you that my computer is in fine condition i play other games with out any lag. i have 50 - 60 fps on the server and i lag so much that is unplayable. please help me.

Reaction score
Type in console: "gmod_mcore_test 1"
This might cause random game crashes but if you have a decent computer this shouldn't happen.
This command doubles your fps mostly
Have fun :)

Reaction score
Try turning your modem and or router off for a few minutes. For some ISPs "they" will notice you're offline and pure fucking magic will occour. ( ips change depending on isp.) Do you have any issues with any other online game or any other service? If so, contact your isp. If not, let me know.

Also, can you do a speedtest.net and record the test? Not the results, but how stable it is could be useful.

Reaction score
I got this today and I lagged into the PD parking lot and ran over some random guy. You're definitely not alone. Started in the last few days for me too.

Reaction score
Okay, today i think i found a way to fix this reinstall your game. Right click on garry's mod in library-properties-local File-Delete Game cache-Click install on gmod again. If this did help please comment.

Reaction score
Well, I have been having a look at your ping on the server and it's around 400 which isn't good. It could be an issue your side so maybe try restarting your router.

Reaction score
u know what i know the issue now its not the computer problem nor the server maybe partly but its the router fault as it is so fucking old (about 6 years) my internet gone to shit as if i was living under the fucking rock!

Reaction score
This same thing has been happening to me recently, it only started after the new car dealer update. My ping will randomly spike up to 1500, and I can't get more than 4 fps anywhere when usually im averaging about 27 anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.