A Week In Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, since the start of this week i have been having a stupid amount of issues with Garry's Mod, to the point where i am actually starting to not want to play it anymore.

So, Monday-Tuesday, starts with a small issue of Crashing instantly when pressing F1. Log in on Wednesday, get this error;
77e3efcae35aa4cf7431bb0483f9a6fe.png

After many, many frustrating hours, i manage to get my game working with awful resolution and bad FPS. After a while again, i manage to Stabilise FPS. Come on today, and i'm hit with an error which prevents me from starting my game at all.

And now, after an entire day spent fixing that, i finally get my game working at 2:20am. I log in, too see that i now have no textures at all. I can't see people, cars or anything really for that matter. All i can see is the map, and a few select items from the F1 menu. I can only stay in the server playing for 10 minutes max before i completely black screen and the game closes itself.

I am getting to the point where i have tried everything, and i am just trying the same things over and over. I am making this thread to try any suggestions at all to fix this. I have had countless problems with crashing but this week it has practically made the server unplayable. Am also making this thread as some way of expressing my frustration, and i suppose just a plee for help from people more educated than myself.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions for solutions. I will update this thread gradually as i get more bugs, because at this point it just seems i am getting different bugs every time i load up the game.

*Note this was wrote so late that there may be many spelling/grammar mistakes, pls no bad ratings thx*

- A few pictures of what it's like right now-
d5f8f67cc678d1b828c91cb451370cae.png

a2aaac3696e072d878f099bb232c7391.png

7f02404b4f59e44a5663bca853e4cdc5.png

- Update -
So, i still have further problems with textures. Can't see people at all. At this point, i can load in but as soon as i'm in i get a black screen and crash.​

Last edited:
Reaction score
You sure that all your PC parts are intact? It really could be your CPU ports or Motherboard that have an issue. If you know how to build computers, try to open your PC and have a look at all the CPU parts aswell as the motherboard. This is just to try it. If you don't know how to, then try the steps below and if it still doesn't work, get your PC to a professional that can check it. The error is caused by your Memory and if your connection between RAM and Motherboard is fucked then.. Yeah.

Could also be your memory. While you have your PC open, check the RAM blocks too. The error you've shown us is caused by not having enough paged pool memory.

The direct cause of this error is not having enough paged pool memory free for the game engine.
- Steam Support

Also, the error CAN be caused by alt+tabbing in game. Pretty ridicoulous, I know but that's how it is apparently.

Lastly, I suppose you have all your drivers up to date? This can very easily screw you over.

Steam Support Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9404-WRDH-5396

Possible Fix: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5034-EIPV-6426

I Hope that it fixes your problem. Let me know if this helped. If it didn't then sorry.

Reaction score
Try this:

Put all your settings to low apart from model detail and texture detail, put them to the maximum to ensure it is not this causing the issue. Make sure all the other settings to low. This will ensure that your textures are decent enough to play with, but also to make sure your game doesn't crash. You may encounter a crash when changing a few of these settings, nothing to worry about. If not, just restart your game.

Do you have any launch options set? If so, which ones?

I also had this problem a while ago but I think the cars were like that because I had a dxlevel set and I did that to try to fix the crashing, but instead I removed it and set the settings to low apart from texture and model and it now works fine for me apart from a few odd crashes now and then.

Mango.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.