Server Suggestion Ability to rob shops

• Thread starter Deleted member 5577
  • Start date

Deleted member 5577

Description of the idea: Add the ability to rob all of the NPC run shops in the city by for example breaking their window to intimidate the employee and then being able to press E on them and they'll give you a random amount of money from $500 - $1000 with a cooldown of about 10 minutes.

Why should this be added? (pros): I feel like this would add a little bit more roleplay to the server in the terms that you're not getting a lot of money out of it so it makes sense to only do this crime with a knife or something and you wouldn't be able to kill cops over the theft as its only 3y 3k. I was doing this the other day going from Jennifers to Jennifers pretending to rob the places while it was a bit quiet to give the cops something to do. This to me was quite enjoyable as I don't really like the full criminal side of perp in terms of growing a load of drugs and then gunning down all the cops but prefer to commit these sorts of petty crimes and deal with the cops without murdering them.

What negatives could this have? (cons): Nothing that I can think of other than people breaking rules but just don't do that

Reaction score
I'd say you have a chance of getting 5K so the benefit somewhat outweighs the risk.

Deleted member 5577

I'd say you have a chance of getting 5K so the benefit somewhat outweighs the risk.
Yeah that makes a bit of sense I suppose the main thing I don't think it should become attractive is based on the money and purely just the experience it could create however I guess if you got a couple of you and hit every shop in the city it could be quite a good amount of money.

Reaction score
I mean I like the idea but I really do fear that this turns into another excuse to easily start a shootout with cops. I mean your friend can rob a store with a gun, cop shows up, and tries to gunpoint the person inside because obviously, they're armed and no one robs a place and then surrenders with a gun in their hand. You then can shoot the cop to save your friend and there goes a massive shootout.

I get the whole it's only a theft charge thing but in all honesty, no one realistically robs a store while armed and then instantly surrenders to the cops when they show up.
Just like the bank robbery, how do you expect people to act differently when they have to rob something while armed? I mean you get into shootouts after a mugging so how is this any different?

In terms of enforcing a rule for this, it would be absolutely cancer because of how easy it is to start a robbery. Perhaps maybe limit the number of people that can assist in a robbery?

I just really feel like this can very easily go out of hand in many ways on the server.

Deleted member 5577

I mean I like the idea but I really do fear that this turns into another excuse to easily start a shootout with cops. I mean your friend can rob a store with a gun, cop shows up, and tries to gunpoint the person inside because obviously, they're armed and no one robs a place and then surrenders with a gun in their hand. You then can shoot the cop to save your friend and there goes a massive shootout.

I get the whole it's only a theft charge thing but in all honesty, no one realistically robs a store while armed and then instantly surrenders to the cops when they show up.
Just like the bank robbery, how do you expect people to act differently when they have to rob something while armed? I mean you get into shootouts after a mugging so how is this any different?

In terms of enforcing a rule for this, it would be absolutely cancer because of how easy it is to start a robbery. Perhaps maybe limit the number of people that can assist in a robbery?

I just really feel like this can very easily go out of hand in many ways on the server.
This is why I'm thinking of keeping the reward as low as possible to encourage knives to be used instead

Reaction score
I like the idea of being able to raid places like Jennifers that are actually likely to have large amounts of money behind the counter, but I feel like allowing players to rob places like the hardware store could end up being tedious for the other players around who are just trying to get on with stuff like crafting or buying wrenches for their broken car but have to wait several minutes for someone to finish robbing the hardware store and make their escape.

This is why I'm thinking of keeping the reward as low as possible to encourage knives to be used instead
The problem with that is, a lot of the people who are doing it exclusively for the shootout don't care that they're losing their guns, the same as bank robberies in a lot of cases.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They are similar threads that have been denied don't get me wrong seems like a good idea but like @Ayjay put on the suggestion when he denied @ALOO89 suggestion - (I would like to see more places like the bank that people can rob, the issue with this could be that new players who are minding their business get caught up in a situation that they didn't want to be part of. I do see some positives to this, but we'd have to have a long think about if this is the best option.) so in a way they back the idea but more thinking about the new players

Reaction score
Maybe limit it to gas stations and Jewellery stores (Already accepted suggestion for the latter however). Rather than it being a gunpoint and get free money ordeal,having it laundered like a bank robbery would be more befitting and enjoyable imo.

Reaction score
To reference what someone else might've implied when commenting, it seems like the main issue is that "a massive shootout" is looked down upon when in reality a $5,000 payout is not a lot and so if somebody bets their pistol against a police force of possible TFU and patrol division that can massively disadvantage them. Contrary to popular belief though the reality is cops that pull up to even banks can get swarmed by 7 guys with aks because there is once in a blue moon more than a couple TFU members that aren't TFU just because they are a crazy high rank. A way many servers of roleplay have balanced that is they limit heists and bank jobs of that nature to only 4 criminals per job. This makes it so at least cops can respond to 4 guys with aks hypothetically and have some sort of chance at winning instead of being sprayed down.

Reaction score
Though I'd love the idea of smaller scale robberies that would allow petty crime to make more sense, and give regular cops a chance to deal with more interesting and exciting calls, I have no doubt it would become just another way for criminals to massacre an unprepared police force with little to no profit motive. If it was implimented it would need to have specific mechanics and rules to prevent organisations going on robbery sprees and shooting cops for no other reason than they find it fun.

Reaction score
Though I'd love the idea of smaller scale robberies that would allow petty crime to make more sense, and give regular cops a chance to deal with more interesting and exciting calls, I have no doubt it would become just another way for criminals to massacre an unprepared police force with little to no profit motive. If it was implimented it would need to have specific mechanics and rules to prevent organisations going on robbery sprees and shooting cops for no other reason than they find it fun.
The prevention is already there. If they as you said make the robbery a "petty crime" and "smaller scale" then that means the payment is decent and its rewarding however it helps improve the tactical ability of our officers. Allows criminals to roleplay more with hostages and stuff and have fun chases and also if they win they earned it. The police force is never unprepared because in my opinion because robberies can happen anywhere at any time. Only this time it happens to be jennifers. It's the same thing as a bizarre raid except there can be more room for roleplaying hostages and such. Even furthermore if criminals lose, they lose thousands of dollars and probably have to repair their cars or resupply. If the cops lose, they just go down to armory and get everything back so there is no damage being done to the police, it's all about an opportunity to have more roleplay.