Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam Name: drpepper
Your Roleplay Name: Joey Long
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16756548

Player's Steam Name: Unknown
Player's Roleplay Name: Marco
Player's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:16756548

Why should this player be punished?: He robbed my friend (Weng Don) in the stairwell of slums which i believe to be a public area (making report for friend as he is new and not sure how to do so) players steam name and ID are unknown no admins avaliable at time to help

Evidence Link: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/OEmLeFRFW3CSV/d1337EJNhh12?invite=cr-MSwxS2csMTU2OTYwMTk0LA

Reaction score

@TechnicalDifficulty explain why you've decided to zip-tie this player in the staircase of Slums

I will make an effort to reach out to the player with the shotgun in the clip via an off-community platform since they don't have a forum account as well as notify TechnicalDifficulty since they haven't logged on to the forums for a week.

Reaction score
We were in an active raid/shootout on slums 4, on the video u can clearly see that there are bullet holes on the wall etc. I had to recover from a shot so I went inside our apartment to chest and used bandage, when I was on my way back I hear my in-game friend say hands up to someone. Since we were on an active raid/shootout and the guy had the same outfit as the guys we were raiding I assumed he was their friend, so I did not take any chances.

When there is an active shootout you dont run upstairs towards the shots especially when you are unarmed.

My friend is the one who first had him at gunpoint and told him to surrender (Michael Kuvvetli, who is also a new player), I heard what was happening and I came out to assist him.

There were still people in the apartment we were raiding locked inside rooms so we couldnt take any chances.

I assumed he was their friend, since they have the same outfits and look. For what other reason would you run towards a shootout if not to help your friends

@Valentine

Reaction score
I acknowledge the reason behind the gun-pointing and the zip-tying but why have you decided to take their possessions when you could've asked them to leave since they were already disarmed by your friend?

Reaction score
I acknowledge the reason behind the gun-pointing and the zip-tying but why have you decided to take their possessions when you could've asked them to leave since they were already disarmed by your friend
At the moment I didnt know he was a random guy coming from somewhere else, I was told this afterwards by Michael. As I said I assumed he was one of their friends as i come out the door hearing "hands up" from my friends

Reaction score
I can completely agree with your reasoning to zip tie, but you mugged him in a public place and then goaded him about it afterwards.

Reaction score

There is nothing wrong with gun-pointing a player who had just stepped near a raid to disarm them, however, after zip-tying this player, you were expected to allow them to leave without touching their possessions. Looking at the evidence provided, @TechnicalDifficulty has their items at 1:29 in the video. This is a clear breach of rule 5.1 Mugging, quoting 5.1:

"Muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public."

@TechnicalDifficulty will receive a warning for rule 5.1 because of the explanation provided above, I will be setting up a forum DM between you two at a suitable time to organize the return of the items that were taken. A repeat offense of this will result in a harsher punishment, see that this doesn't occur again, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.