Server Suggestion Add a confirmation before event start

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add a confirmation before event start
Suggestion Description: So once you opted in for an event when event start is ment to happen it puts a confirmation up like are you in an active rp situation?

Why should this be added?:
- Stops people disappearing from traffic stops, muggins, kidnapping ect...

What negatives could this have?:
- N/A

Reaction score
People can still press no and join the event anyway. If someone joins an event mid rp you can report them.

Reaction score
People can still press no and join the event anyway. If someone joins an event mid rp you can report them.
I don't think this suggestion necessarily accuses people of leaving intentionally, it's just a safeguard for players who have opted into an event but found themselves in an unexpected RP situation. I've dealt with plenty of sits where all the accused player can do is apologise, all because a feature like this doesn't exist.

Nice quality of life idea which I doubt would be too hard to implement.

Reaction score
I don't think this suggestion necessarily accuses people of leaving intentionally, it's just a safeguard for players who have opted into an event but found themselves in an unexpected RP situation. I've dealt with plenty of sits where all the accused player can do is apologise, all because a feature like this doesn't exist.

Nice quality of life idea which I doubt would be too hard to implement.

Flugs hit this one out of the park, RP sits can sometimes be very unexpected and people don't typically intentionally go off for their event just to get out of roleplaying. You have much to learn, young Enforcer as you need to waiver that when events pop up.

Reaction score
You have much to learn, young Enforcer
My staff rank has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

RP sits can sometimes be very unexpected and people don't typically intentionally go off for their event just to get out of roleplaying.
If you're about to join an event, don't get yourself involved in an RP situation. It's not that hard to go hide somewhere or something

Reaction score
My staff rank has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

If you're about to join an event, don't get yourself involved in an RP situation. It's not that hard to go hide somewhere or something
star-wars-the-clone.gif

Yeah, it does. You are at the lower chain of the staff experience table and you are speaking to two ex-moderators (myself and @fluggs) with many, many more hours experience in both playing the server, helping with running events, and more importantly, moderating. Although, we only out-rank you through experience.

Typically speaking when it came down to events, staff discretion was used but never used to an extent of actively seeking or punishing people to avoid roleplaying situations. From experience from moderation and overall playtime of the server, RP situations are not particularly expected when an upcoming event is inevitable as an overwhelming majority of the server will had opted into participation for the event.

Not to say I disagree with you, in those rare occasions when an RP sit may come up unexpectedly, then yes, go hide.. but what if say you're warranted for nicking something, you've been hiding for ages, event countdown has started and... some online teenaged policeman has found your little spot above the Parker tunnel. Would you agree to say that would be an "unexpected RP situation"?

It's a needed feature so we can avoid these problems in the future. Personally, I would just be more sympathetic towards the one who opted into the event and TP'd away simply because what happened was very unexpected.

Reaction score
Yeah, it does. You are at the lower chain of the staff experience table and you are speaking to two ex-moderators (myself and @fluggs) with many, many more hours experience in both playing the server, helping with running events, and more importantly, moderating. Although, we only out-rank you through experience.
How does a staff rank have anything to do with this lmao, I was giving my input. Just because I am an enforcer doesn't mean I don't have any experience in the community. Furthermore, I was saying that this will not stop the fact people will abuse the join event function although I do kinda agree with the point you made. We'll just end this here.

Reaction score
star-wars-the-clone.gif

Typically speaking when it came down to events, staff discretion was used but never used to an extent of actively seeking or punishing people to avoid roleplaying situations. From experience from moderation and overall playtime of the server, RP situations are not particularly expected when an upcoming event is inevitable as an overwhelming majority of the server will had opted into participation for the event.

Not to say I disagree with you, in those rare occasions when an RP sit may come up unexpectedly, then yes, go hide.. but what if say you're warranted for nicking something, you've been hiding for ages, event countdown has started and... some online teenaged policeman has found your little spot above the Parker tunnel. Would you agree to say that would be an "unexpected RP situation"?

It's a needed feature so we can avoid these problems in the future. Personally, I would just be more sympathetic towards the one who opted into the event and TP'd away simply because what happened was very unexpected.
It isn't a needed feature, rules are rarely never broken by joining events as they happen so little. Also, experience does not equal rank as @MiniRaze stated. He's a lot more well known than you, and you should tone your ego down a little IMO.

Reaction score
Tried asking in OOC at the event hosts to delay for a couple minutes? Surely they’d wait for the sit to be over as there’s no rush to get through the events

Reaction score
I do think it's a good idea to have some sort of system in place to avoid events ruining ongoing RP sits - however I don't think a confirmation is the best way to go about it considering events tend to start very quickly, having to wait for everyone to click yes before teleporting or unfreezing all the participants would be rather tedious.

Reaction score
It isn't a needed feature, rules are rarely never broken by joining events as they happen so little. Also, experience does not equal rank as @MiniRaze stated. He's a lot more well known than you, and you should tone your ego down a little IMO.
It’s not a case of necessity for sure, it’s just a nice feature which would serve these rare situations where people find themselves suddenly engaged in roleplay.

I do think it's a good idea to have some sort of system in place to avoid events ruining ongoing RP sits - however I don't think a confirmation is the best way to go about it considering events tend to start very quickly, having to wait for everyone to click yes before teleporting or unfreezing all the participants would be rather tedious.
Great point. I think some sort of timer would make sense, e.g. 30 seconds to opt out or you would be automatically included.

Reaction score
bind , "say /joinevent"; bind . "say /leaveevent"
It takes a second to leave in the event that an RP situation pops up. If the event starts so quickly after an unexpected RP situation arises that you can't hit a leave event bind before it starts I don't think anyone can blame you for accidentally leaving during an RP situation.
I agree with what @Jimmy said, it would be pretty tedious for the entire event to have to halt while people do a random popup, one random AFK or troll participant could hold up the entire event. Especially considering that the alternative is the already implemented and easily usable /leaveevent command.

Reaction score
I don't think a confirmation prompt is even necessary in a scenario like this. I think the ideal and simple solution would to be to increase the event starter timer from 5 to 15 seconds and change the dialogue pop-up to say something along the lines of "Event starting in 15 seconds, please type /leaveevent in chat if you're no longer able to participate". This way, you have a reasonable length of time to type a short command in chat, and it wouldn't really hold up the entire event like a longer confirmation phase would.