Server Suggestion Add a small chance for fire alarms to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Add a small chance for fire alarms to be false.
Suggestion Description: Add a chance for there to be false alarms for the fire department. This can either be locations that normally do not burn or any location as of right now that can trigger alarms can trigger a false one. We technically have this already, the fire at park forest besides the highway very rarely is a false alarm. Id say one in every 6-8 fires there.

Why should this be added?:
- Accurate to IRL you don't understand how much we get false alarms IRL it would be extremely accurate to have them
- Gives the FD something to do when there's like 30-40 minutes between fires and keeps player engagement as right now people do fires and then leave when its out or etc. There's just too big a delay for anyone non truly dedicated.

What negatives could this have?:
- Coded
- Can be annoying if too common as unlike IRL people want to play with fire here.

Reaction score
literally pointless feature, i dont see how "accurate to IRL alarms" benefits the FD job in any way or the server either

Reaction score
Some wildfire spawns and fire alarm trigger zones seem to overlap. The fire can burn itself out before you get there, creating this illusion you desire that the alarm malfunctions. I’m pretty sure the reason it can seem like there’s 30-40 min between fires is actually because 2-3 fires burned out before it reached the fire alarm trigger.
Patrol the known fire spots when it seems like it’s been too long, it will accomplish the same result of making it less boring

Reaction score
I've been patrolling them a few times and that is how i do come across fires. However sometimes they genuinely don't spawn. I got back from another false alarm call so first i got to read these today. Im not saying every 20 minutes there's a false alarm but once every like 40-50 minutes or so. Give something interesting, change it up slightly. It wouldn't be like the jennifers burglar alarm in terms of intervals or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.