Fire alarms required by law / pre-installed upon purchasing a property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: [link here]

Main Idea:
Fire alarms required by law / pre-installed upon purchasing a property

Full description of the idea:
Fire alarms should be standard or required by law in all apartment buildings (Slums, Projex and Regals) and the Bazaar stores because of general safety concerns.

Why should it be added?:
Right now, I don't see any reason why someone would install a fire alarm, because they can just as well call 911.
This means that all the work that went into coding this addition is basically wasted.
To give fire alarms actual use we could do one of two things: Make them mandatory by law so people have to install one or they can be fined by the PLPD zerg, or they can be installed by default when you purchase a property that is close to other properties. (Bazaar 1 is close to other shops, but Suburbs 1 is a good distance away of Suburbs 2...)
Installing fire alarms is actually required by Belgian law.
I personally prefer the pre-installed option.

Pros:
  • Fire alarms will be used more
  • Another thing PLPD can fine for
  • Fire departement gets alerted sooner when some idiothead starts crafting with a stove right next to my shop where I sell 150k worth of stuff
  • More realism
Cons:
  • PLPD could raid in order to ticket you when you don't have one installed

Reaction score
Cops should not be allowed to raid you for not having a fire alarm. And how will they check you have one? Im growing drugs and a cop wantsto see a firealarm so comes in and see it. I dont think that the non preibstalled would work.

Reaction score
In the real world I believe it is the local fire departements/some sort of safety authoritys responsibility to inspect buildings and make sure standards are up to date.
If they are not then you will be issued with an order to correct the issue, if you fail to comply fines will be issued. If the issue persists I believe it can even come to closing down the building/removing permits.

Perhaps this can be put on the PLFD.

Reaction score
denied.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.