Adding: Powergaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: Add Powergaming. Powergaming is defined as in: a player can be described as a powergamer if he or she declares that his or her own action against another player character is successful without giving the other player character the freedom to act on his own prerogative.

Also we have metagaming which are togheter with powergaming the two most used rules in almost all rp servers.

Your version of the rule: Sometime i see people doing things which is out of somones power and has no chances of doing anything against it. example (Uses his hands to break open the chest. This is an version of powergame since the othwer party cant do anything about it. To do this in an propper manner you should do an roll on it. Also with entoxicating drives you dont wanna do /me puts the mouth of the man near the bearthalizer and forces him to blow on it. That would also be powergaming and would be more logical to roll on it. (Like alchol breaks off after an good few hours and such.) )
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Alot of server have it and i find that this rule makes it more fun and gives more experiance in the rp.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t this fall under this rule already?

2.1 Play Realistically​

This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all times; exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such Exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion.

Reaction score
Wouldn’t this fall under this rule already?

2.1 Play Realistically​

This game mode aims to emulate real life, and as such, players are expected to play realistically at all times; exceptions can be made where appropriate - any such Exceptions are purely determined by an administrator’s discretion.
Well no not exactly.
I can still powergame while doing it realistic:
Example:
/me Interogates the suspect until he confesses.
or
/me Breaks the mans knees forcing him to bend down.
While in both instances you would revrase it like
/me Attempts to obtain an confession.
/me attempts to break mans knees. Would he sucseed?
/roll
(Roll higher than the victim. and if not in agrasive rp (Like u need to break his knees so he wont get seen by police.) however in passive-rp (as in forcing him to eat dirt) you would need to roll )

Reaction score
This is already covered in rule 3.26:

3.26 ‘/me’ Function​

When the ‘/me’ function is used to affect another player, the other player may wish to resist the action by using the ‘/roll’ function provided it is realistically possible to do so.
There is no other area in which power gaming applies, as there's no physical way other players are able to restrict you except for in situations where you're not realistically able to resist, as it is covered by another rule such as 3.4, 3.6 etc.

Last edited:
Reaction score

this is already covered in 3.26 as @SamSN has shown. There is no need for an additional rule to be added when it is already covered anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.