Rule Suggestion (2.1 Play Realistically)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Topic: 2.1 Play Realistically
Suggestion Description: Checking if a weapon is "warm" is powergaming and unrealistic.

Why should this be added?:
Simply said, in most circumstances, it is not realistic at all. There are exceptions, for example, an assault rifle that has sustained well-over a couple of hundred rounds of sustained automatic fire.

The majority of weapons used that are checked to see if warm are handguns, these typically speaking, would not retain the heat from a spent casing or projectile under a long period of time, or at all for that matter, unless specific circumstances have been met (example being above), however there is literally no realistic circumstance a policeman is going to check somebody's AK47 to establish if it's hot due to the heat of the gas system parts after they've just shot up a load of people at the bank about five minutes ago.

It's stupid, it's dumb, it's unrealistic, and more importantly, is just powergaming, that his or her own action against another player character is successful without giving the other player character the freedom to act on his own prerogative. They may also be a player who tries to force others to participate in role-playing they don't want to engage in.

What negatives could this have?:
- 

Reaction score
Firearms produce an odour and residue when fired and in the Commission of a violent crime sweat would likely appear on the gun so /mes could still be used in the exact way you’re specifying as disallowed albeit for more realistic reasons completely invalidating the need to even implement this as a rule to begin with.

Reaction score
We need the balance between gameplay and realism. I believe this would be a step too far into realism. For example it’s not realistic for weed and coke to grow within a few hours but we have it on the server.

Reaction score
Firearms produce an odour and residue when fired and in the Commission of a violent crime sweat would likely appear on the gun so /mes could still be used in the exact way you’re specifying as disallowed albeit for more realistic reasons completely invalidating the need to even implement this as a rule to begin with.
Again, this is overgeneralising other factors that may produce this result.
Ammunition type, grain used, weapon specific systems, gas expenditure, weapon maintenance etc.

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
I love when theres hungry cops outside of my property searching for a reason to raid after 1 pistol shot being fired and when they ask if the gun is warm. No realism+ PD op pls nerf

Reaction score
I love when theres hungry cops outside of my property searching for a reason to raid after 1 pistol shot being fired and when they ask if the gun is warm. No realism+ PD op pls nerf

Cops can’t raid for that? Just make 911 and explain misfire.

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Cops can’t raid for that? Just make 911 and explain misfire.
Wdym? They came after 911 call and because I said the gun wasn't hot he told be I'm lying and took me in to jail for murder when it was self defence. Cop mains are clowns no rules apply for them

Reaction score
Wdym? They came after 911 call and because I said the gun wasn't hot he told be I'm lying and took me in to jail for murder when it was self defence. Cop mains are clowns no rules apply for them
Did you make a report?

Reaction score

It's not something we're going to outright ban and players are welcome to do generic /me to investigate recent signs of the gun being used, if you want to say the gun is not warm but there are other signs you're more than welcome but not everybody in PERP are ballistic experts

Status
Not open for further replies.