Additional characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Create one topic for one Idea, if you have more ideas create another topic.
If you have different ideas which belong to each other add them to "Optional additions".

When you create future Idea-Topics please follow this Template:

Topic: I think it would be a good idea to be able to have a second character on the game and be able to change character over the F1 menu or a new menu. I think this is a good idea because some people might be involved in a gang but also want to be a cop at some points, some people might want to switch genders or simply some people might want to start again.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Add the ability to change characters
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

I think this is a good idea because some people might be involved in a gang but also want to be a cop at some points, some people might want to switch genders or simply some people might want to start again.

Optional additions:
- Money starter packs which you can buy on the donation section of the forums
-
-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reaction score
-support

I can see this being abused in MANY ways:
- People just meta-gaming like a boss, they got killed and switch character to retrieve the stuff back.
- Abusing the whole character system to avoid RP situations.
- Abusing an extra character to f.e. be a total cunt and be very nice on the other character.
- Money farming by planting pots on one character and than guard it on the other.

I personally don't see any good use for this.

Reaction score
No... People are gonna abuse it way too much, its gonna be hard to implement, everything about this is too complicated. People having 2 characters can really abuse it. Lets say one of your characters is in a mafia, important info is given to you, then you can abuse that info with your other characters. Ofc that would be rule breaking but thats what im saying, its gonna make complicated BRs and stuff that really waste the staff team's time.

Reaction score
Sorry. I saw this and I just had to respond.

-support

I can see this being abused in MANY ways:
- People just meta-gaming like a boss, they got killed and switch character to retrieve the stuff back.
- Abusing the whole character system to avoid RP situations.
- Abusing an extra character to f.e. be a total cunt and be very nice on the other character.
- Money farming by planting pots on one character and than guard it on the other.

I personally don't see any good use for this.

- Character switching would most likely not be able to happen while dead, and it wouldn't make a difference as people would do it without a second character.
- Could be considered the same as disconnecting in an RP situation, therefore can be a warning/ban.
- That's called role-playing.
- Not much a difference from what happens, anyway. Would actually just be extra work, because you'd have to bring over the other character and make sure it has the weapons to guard it all, instead of just using the character you already got.

No thanks, it would end up with rich people like Standish having a sweatervest driving a 10mil car

Cars, money, etc. would most probably not be shared over characters.

Now, I am simply saying these reasons for -support aren't as great, but I am definitely not saying that the idea should be accepted.

To start off, implementing something like this would quickly become pretty complicated. The two characters would have to be completely separated (i.e. cars, money, etc. isn't shared).
The idea is basically the same as Clockwork (mostly known for HL2RP, but there's more than just that), where you create several characters and such.
The reasons you've stated for your suggestion to be added aren't the greatest, either. Involved in a gang but want to be a cop? Go become a cop. It doesn't matter if you're in a gang or not, your cop life and criminal life are completely separated already. (And if the organization you're part of doesn't allow you to be a cop, then punch them in the face)
Want to start over? Simple! Give away everything you own. Absolutely everything. Sell your car, give all your items to friends or make a giveaway. No need for a new character.
Want to switch gender? just do it. It's not all that expensive, really.

Then there's also other valid points, such as ban requests/reports/admin situations could quickly becoming complicated.

Either way, I do not give my support.

MattIs

denied.jpg

In PERP you role-play as one character. If we added this, things would become more casual when we're really trying to boost serious RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.