Server Suggestion Advert presets

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Advert presets
Suggestion Description: A rework of the advert system. Currently, advert has degraded to the point it is used as a server-wide chat, I would propose a list of presets detailing how the advert is to be used and create a way for players to save their common adverts.

Why should this be added?:
- Increased correct use of the advert
- Makes it easier to utilise adverts, especially for businesses
- Saves players time to write out adverts

What negatives could this have?:
- Over moderation of the system resulting in players being discouraged from adverts
- Confusing for new players

Useful Images:

DU0jipT.png

GOEuKNc.png

Reaction score
While this would benefit roleplay overall, I believe the simplicity of the current advert system is what everybody enjoys, you can throw out a quick advert in 10 seconds without any fuss, I believe something like this would not only be confusing for new players / old players returning but overall be used the same way as it currently is

Reaction score
I think that being able to save adverts is a great idea, honestly I would say that this would be a great addition but it shouldn't replace the current system for how easy it is.

As for the problem you raise:

Currently, advert has degraded to the point it is used as a server-wide chat

I'd just say we need to be harsh on people breaking this rule. Surprisingly this rule is broken mostly by experienced players who are used to only getting their message deleted but if the staff team starts giving out worse punishments the situation would greatly improve I believe.

Reaction score
  • Staff
While this would benefit roleplay overall, I believe the simplicity of the current advert system is what everybody enjoys, you can throw out a quick advert in 10 seconds without any fuss, I believe something like this would not only be confusing for new players / old players returning but overall be used the same way as it currently is

This is the current quality of adverts for reference, I would personally delete pretty much all of these except the Ripperjuice advert. If you spend 30 seconds making an advert in my system you would be able to save it to use it again.

WZla2in.png

Reaction score
This is the current quality of adverts for reference, I would personally delete pretty much all of these except the Ripperjuice advert. If you spend 30 seconds making an advert in my system you would be able to save it to use it again.

WZla2in.png
Perhaps a more realistic price for an advertisement would force people to make more realistic advertisements, or firmer punishments for people who decide to make false/unrealistic advertisements would be better