Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Fredy
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Permanent

Your Steam Name: joeyy
Your Roleplay Name: Can't remember
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:174948443

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Community Wide Ban

Why should this appeal be considered?: Hi, to whomever is reading my appeal. I got banned on Dec 5, 2022, for the reason "CWB." You might wonder why I was banned. A couple of weeks prior to my ban, an ex-developer decided to leak the entire database and files of Perpheads. After some time, a player, whom I will not name, set up a server using the leaked files. I decided to join the server and play with some other members of the community. Afterward, I thought, why not get more people on here? It's just Perp without regulation, and so I did. I contacted people and advertised the server to members of the community. Reflecting on what I did, playing on a server using leaked files that had been wrongfully obtained and developed for almost a decade, I am truly sorry for my actions. Firstly, for playing on the server and supporting the use of stolen files, and secondly, for advertising and messaging people in an attempt to persuade them to leave the community and play on a different server.
Around last summer, I believe I was playing CS:GO on a different family-shared Steam account when I launched Gmod. I thought, what's the worst that can happen? I went to the server tab and attempted to join Perp, thus attempting to evade my ban, which I know doesn't help my case. And I am sorry for trying to evade a rightful punishment.
Now, you might wonder why you should unban someone who has more warnings and bans than everyone else combined. Well...
To demonstrate my true dedication to being a positive impact on the server, I would gladly accept a one-year "grace" period, during which if I break any rules, my ban should be reinstated. Furthermore, to have a positive impact on the community, I would dedicate time to helping new players both within the help chat and assisting them with whatever they might need help with, such as making drugs, buying a car, and understanding how housing works. Since my ban over a year ago, major changes have occurred, with older members either leaving or getting banned, and some major updates in terms of content. I really want to enjoy what has happened to the server during my absence. If not unbanned, I would gladly accept a reduced length, i.e., a year more ban, or whatever is deemed necessary.

Thank you for reading my appeal. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.