Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Ultimate
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: steelo
Your Roleplay Name: Harry Silversteinberg
Your SteamID: STEAM_1:1:43071681

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Use of Discriminative Slurs

Why should this appeal be considered?: As the situation unfolded, and before I had viewed the footage from snd's perspective, I was pretty frustrated. I believed that he was cheating and I, like most, hate cheating. I am still pretty new to Garry's Mod, let alone Perpheads, and being that it's the source engine, and that I'm a CS player, I assumed that the rampancy of cheating is probably fairly high (I still believe this to be true). However, after viewing snd's footage it is clear to see that he is simply a skilled player.

This is a formal apology to snd and the other player at the bazaar for allowing my emotions to get the best of me and not going about the situation properly. I said some things that I shouldn't have said and I hope that we can clear the slate and try again some day.

My ban ends tomorrow and I plan on joining back and having some fun on the server when I have the time. Any consideration of un-banning me beforehand would be appreciated, however it should be noted that the primary reason behind this post is to take responsibility for my actions and apologize to the two players I was rude to.

Reaction score

We do not tolerate discrimination and anything that was done to discriminate against community members will never be tolerated.

Your ban will be expired today anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.