Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Weston
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Day

Your Steam Name: buffcorrell
Your Roleplay Name: Correll Bufford
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:39959455

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 1.6, 2.5, 3.4 - Player as a RC attempted to block the mayor from leaving the RC station, after advertising his location while he knew there were people looking to kill him, putting himself, an unarmed person in danger. He closed the door on the mayor's vehicle also endangering his freedom for no valid reason. The player then proceeds to lie in the report about no receiving money for his services, in the video provided by the reporter it clearly shows that payment was received and therefore his actions were wrong and that he has lied.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I would like to apologise to all involved parties, this is my first ban and I can assure you I did not mean to cause any issues.
A player adverted something along the lines of "Mr Mayor, your fan club is wanting to know where you are." ; which to me is not anything to indicate a threat.
When I have replied, stating his location, apparently this has "put me in danger of being in a shootout whilst unarmed", even though advertising this did not cause me any danger except from an F6. I can entirely understand where the situation can be misunderstood, and am not wanting to attempt to dispute this, as it was a silly thing to do regardless.

I have then, in the heat of things, completely not payed attention to the fact I have been paid, and for some reason have assumed the mayor had not payed his RC fee, and closed the door of the station so he could not leave. As I have attempted to discuss this, I was not aware my microphone was not working, making me probably come across as just a troll, which again, is entirely my own fault as I was not aware they could not hear what I was saying, which I'm confident would have resulted in the F6 not happening to begin with. The mayor has then threatened me with arrest, and then with death, after I have closed this door, the death threat leading to me backing away and allowing them to leave.

I had no intention to break any rules or cause any issues, and do not dispute the complaints, however would be very keen to discuss reducing the punishment if possible, as I don't have a bad record, and have had no intention of ever causing any issues, which is why my record is as clean as it is. At the very least, having the part about lying removed would be very appreciated, as I've said, I pretty much just forgot that I had infact been paid.

Additional Information: I did not know my microphone was not enabled until my sit with Wescott, who informed me he could not hear me; I genuinely believe if my mic was working this situation would have not been so incomprehensible but I apologise for that too because the responsibility lands on me at the end of the day for this.

I understand I am also appealing very soon after the ban has happened, but believe this is appropriate because of the short ban length; I only get like 1, 2 nights a week to even play this game, this being one of them, its 6pm on a Saturday for me and was entirely intending to play as much tonight as I could.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I'm disappointed in myself that this has happened, as I had no intention to break any rules or cause any problems.
For @Wescott , thank you for handing the complaint so respectfully and making sure to get my side before making a decision, sorry that my mic was not working, I think we could have had a better chat about this had it not been the case. I would like to reiterate that I had no intention to lie, there are external issues that probably play into me forgetting about the payment, and there was no malicious intent behind me saying I had not been paid. Just one big misunderstanding.
I would also like the Steam name of Ezio Bellucci and the RP name of HarryTheHazard for the purpose of another report.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score

This was a hard report to assess. There were a lot of factors that came into play and it racked my brain a bit. At the end of it all it was the lying that pushed it from a warning to a ban. Given your clean record I gave you a low ban. Usually we wouldn’t unban such a short ban but I feel your apology is sincere so I will accept. If you break any of these rules again the punish will me more severe. I rarely accept apologies so don’t break these rules again.

Status
Not open for further replies.