Appeal type: Apology
Which staff member banned you: Pugs
How long were you banned for: 5 days

Your Steam Name
: happyco
Your In-game Name: Ian Doe
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:59571163

Why were you banned/blacklisted: Breaking 3.4
Why should this appeal be considered: I supposedly broke 3.4 as I was under gunpoint by a police officer (after murdering someone which to my knowledge he couldn't have known as I had hidden the body as well as using a melee weapon so it was silent). However I don't see anywhere in the rules where it specifies I can't act in a more irrational way after I have committed murder, surely demonstrating that I have already been willing to risk my life. And as it's stated here ' Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence'. I had violated a crime which was much more riskful than a minor punishment in fact in the end I recieved a 10 year prison sentence and a 10k fine (which is unecessary in my opinion), however my point is that although I have been on the server for '7 years' I have never before seen someone punished for this and I don't see it as a breach of any of these rules, so I see this as a minor misunderstanding if I am incorrect in my plea and I apologise in that case. Furthermore I think to avoid misunderstanding in the future the rules should better outline this rule.

Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.
This rule is specifically relevant to the violation of any In-Character law, meaning that murders, thefts, etc, are all expected to be conducted realistically;
A few common examples of unreasonable risks includes, but is not limited to:

• Running on the highway without a justifiable reason
  • Loitering around the vicinity of a shootout you are not a part of or being within the line of fire from both intentional and accidental fire. Users must flee the scene of a shootout and wait for police to clear the scene and reopen the area to the public. This applies regardless of you being restrained or not.
  • Murdering a police officer(s) to avoid yourself or others receiving a minor punishment, such as a small ticket or a minor jail sentence
  • Loitering around the scene of a crime you committed with the intention of engaging in more combat
  • To not comply with reasonable orders given under the direct threat of a lethal weapon pointed at you, such as a mugging.
  • Committing a violent or serious crime, such as murder, theft, arson, etc. whilst knowing that police are in direct eyeshot of the scene you wish to commit the crime at.
  • After committing a crime, relevant precautions should be taken to avoid arrest or police attention, such as avoiding public places.

Additional Comment(s): The police officer I'm referring to in this case is Roen Cohen, who later proceeded to hunt my charcater down so he could arrest me while in the process he decided to rdm my friend who didn't even have a gun out; if you want evidence of this I am happy to send it.

Reaction score
Denied

The fact that you killed someone, doesn't mean you don't have to follow gunpoint. You even said that he didn't know you had murdered someone, so why would you not only risk your life by not following gunpoint, but further risk your freedom by not following their orders?

@Pugga, @Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.