Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Aqua
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: Shorley
Your Roleplay Name: Richard Noskin
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:143049056

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: Metagaming

Why should this appeal be considered?: Got a week ban for 'metagaming' in discord when there was nobody around and what was being said was only about me spotting my dumped stolen car. I apologise if talking in disc with somone i'm in a car with is metagaming, even though it had no advantage or influence on RP. Giving the context, a 1 week ban is personal from the admin.

Additional Information: The admin didn't give me any time to respond to his claims. and kept turning the report against me even though I reported someone for breaking rules, which they got away with.

Reaction score
Why were you speaking on a third party application instead of speaking in game with each other? If you were so close then using your in game microphone instead wouldn’t have been an issue.

Reaction score
Hi,

First and foremost, I explained to you in the report that you can't just sit on discord and metagame because you're in the car with someone. All in-game information needs to be communicated in-game. Disputes are for you disagreeing with the rule break. You are attempting to justify it by saying that it "had no advantage" or influence on rp, while it clearly influenced an in-game action. As far as I remember, I waited a few minutes before banning you, your only "argument" was that it didn't effect RP at all, when it clearly did.

Metagaming is a more serious offense, hence the 1 week length, which you can not dispute. Make a staff complaint instead. Also, I don't understand the accusations of "it being personal from the admin". I don't know you, nor do I think I've had any prior experiences with you. The player you reported was warned for their actions, and I told you that you can get a refund request for the weapon you lost. I told you all of this in the report.

Reaction score
using the ingame mic would of made no difference at all, there was nobody anywhere nearby and just prior to that I was in discord because i was talking to someone elso who wasn't in gmod. Aqua didn't give me time to explain he banned me before I could even read his reponse. 1 week considering the context is far too strong, especially since it was my first offence at it.

Reaction score
Hi,
Aquaa I was his mate you also banned. I feel like you could have enforced the rule of not using discord at all and then gave us a warning and I would have not used it ever again whilst on Perpheads. We are all humans all it would have taken was to tell us that doing this will get us banned and then I would have stopped on the spot.

Reaction score
I'd of accepted a shorter ban. but i feel you've been too strict considering how what was said made no difference as there were nobody close.

Reaction score
Aqua didn't give me time to explain he banned me before I could even read his reponse.

This is not true. You read my response and started arguing that it didn't affect RP. 1 week is lenient for a metagaming ban. There is no telling if you even meta'd
throughout raids you've done prior, so this serves as a warning to you.

Did you or Did you not communicate and use in-game information over Discord?

We are all humans all it would have taken was to tell us that doing this will get us banned and then I would have stopped on the spot.

By playing on the server, you've already agreed to abide by all of its rules and you understand that you can/will get punished for violations. One of the first things that happen when you join is you get the rules plastered on your screen so that you can read and understand them.

You can feel free to make an apology, but at the moment your friend is trying to dispute the ban and say it is invalid.

Reaction score
I was reading your final message when you banned me. It was a first time offence and you could've been lenient considering there was nobody around and it would of made no difference at all even if we were whispering in the car. You've also banned me with suspicions of using dc before, not warned. Too strict considering how minor the offence was.

Reaction score
Would've been easier to explain if you let us have a sit. could've been sorted in 2 mins but instead you dragged the report out for over an hour

Reaction score
You've also banned me with suspicions of using dc before, now warned.
No I haven't?

Too strict considering how minor the offence was.

Again, you can not dispute the length of a ban. @Shorley Do you agree with the fact that you metagamed or not? With the ban length aside.

could've been sorted in 2 mins but instead you dragged the report out for over an hour

I explained to you in the report that I could not have a sit because I was dealing with multiple reports and involved in RP myself - I am not sure why everything I have said to you has been going over your head.

Please answer my question above

Reaction score
No I haven't?

Again, you can not dispute the length of a ban. @Shorley Do you agree with the fact that you metagamed or not? With the ban length aside.

I explained to you in the report that I could not have a sit because I was dealing with multiple reports and involved in RP myself - I am not sure why everything I have said to you has been going over your head.

Please answer my question above
Give me your definition of metagaming

Reaction score
Give me your definition of metagaming

There is no different definition that matters other than the one listed in the SERVER RULES.

3.2 Third Party Communication Applications​

Any and all forms of communication about any topic which affects In-Character decisions must be conducted through In-Character methods; for example, through the use of in-game voice chat. The use of communication applications outside of this game is strictly forbidden; for example, the use of Steam chat, TeamSpeak, Skype, telephones, etc.

With this being said, Did you or Did you not communicate/use information over discord to influence in-game decisions?

Reaction score
"There is no telling if you even meta'd
throughout raids you've done prior, so this serves as a warning to you"

This statement wasn't neccessary to bring up. So the warning (ban) is based on a possibility that i'd done it before.

Reaction score
There is no different definition that matters other than the one listed in the SERVER RULES.

3.2 Third Party Communication Applications​

Any and all forms of communication about any topic which affects In-Character decisions must be conducted through In-Character methods; for example, through the use of in-game voice chat. The use of communication applications outside of this game is strictly forbidden; for example, the use of Steam chat, TeamSpeak, Skype, telephones, etc.

With this being said, Did you or Did you not communicate/use information over discord to influence in-game decisions?
Well in that case, yes. The enormous statement of telling my mate to turn the car impacted the game massivley. It was on the motorway near nobody and saying this in game would of made a huge difference.

I apologise for all malicious intent and damage caused

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.