Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Auston
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Days

Your Steam Name: bobo
Your Roleplay Name: edward huslte
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:193447733

Why were you punished?: 3.4 - User pulled their firearm out under gunpoint

Why should this appeal be considered?: There's a lot of misunderstanding of that situation itself,
after finishing talking down to the DD i have turned around while doing so i already automatically pulled my firearm out just incase i don't get robbed, as i was doing so, this person shows up right infront of my face.

This person wasn't aiming his firearm down at me, he in fact was waving it in my direction.
Also this person hasn't given me any direct command to put my hands up, or even any command at all, untill there was a firearm in my hand.

After talking this situation down with the staff and explained to him everything from my POV, i feel that this was poorly handled and misunderstood by the handling staff, auston has told me that i should've knew the intention behind that man waving his firearm towards me.
Now this is what i don't understand, how is there any difference between me waving my gun towards people in public when there's a shootout and in that alleyway, when i am in a shootout and there's people tresspassing a crime scene i gun point them and give them clear command of what to do, such as leave/get away from here, i don't expect people to put their hands up when i gun point them, and if they don't put their hands up i don't go shoot them because it would count as 2.5, how is that any different from this situation when the person was giving me command while i was already with a firearm in my hand.

When enforcing 2.5,
for example if i go inside an apartment building complex and i want to start raiding, i don't go just gp people and expect them to understand what my intention is, how would they know its a robbery or its a raid about to happen, they will just stand there doing nothing under gp, and if i shoot them down its 2.5.
Yes, i understand it's an alleyway and probably the only thing that could happen there is a robbery, but people waving guns at my direction without commands, my first thing to do is pull a firearm and be ready if they try to do something funny, which exactly went down the way i expected and i defended myself and shot the person dead.

Honestly the thing that happened there was when i turned around i already was pulling my firearm out, as i already pulled that out i acted upon that and shot him as soon as he started to command me, in the footage itself it looks like when i saw him i pulled that firearm out, if you turn the speed down you will see a few milisecond when he pops on my screen i pulled that fireram, there is no way in the matrix i was that quick with pulling a firearm to react that fast to seeing someone with a gun, it was an automatically thing that i always do when finishing talking down to the DD.

Reaction score

Even if no commands are provided, you must not resist gunpoint, unless it's reasonable for you to do so (as outlined in the 3.4 guidelines - you obviously had no cover to dodge for).

If you disagree with the way that @Auston handled this, feel free to make a staff complaint.

Reviewed with @Ellie and @steelo

Status
Not open for further replies.